T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
You could get all 5 [major domain extensions] for $40 a year
Where? That would be $8/domain which is a good price even for .com

.com.au domains are stupidly expensive (the excuse being that .au domains are a lot better regulated I guess) - I'd expect to pay $40 just for .com.au

(sorry for the curt tone; the usual no sleep looming deadline reasons, I'm just being economical with words)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I didn't know .eu existed either. Near as I can tell it was approved earlier this year.

It's possible they were getting reamed on .au and stopped offering new registrations. Dreamhost were actually losing money on .md registrations for example (despite them costing something like $100/year - they were having too many fraud problems). Most hosts don't offer .au extensions - as far as I understand it there are a lot more requirements for having an .au domain than is usual for other TLDs (if you want .org.au you have to prove you're actually a valid organisation for example).

Sounds like you're probably getting a good deal.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cameo said:
You could be right?
It's worth looking into if you're serious about copyrighting your designs. I plan on doing this in the very near future.
There's no "could be" - he is right.

As others have said several times, please stop muddying the waters. You are potentially confusing people who don't understand the way these systems work.

I know you mean well, but it's not helping.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
cameo said:
If you must be right, I grant you the privledge.
It''s really not a biggie.
Kinda hard to know how to reply to this post, but if you think you're right then that's ok with with me.
I really don't want to argue.
?!

You "grant him the privelage"? [removed rude comment]

You made a mistake, and several people politely corrected you. He doesn't "think" he's right and there is no argument here. That would imply two sides and a potential for contention. In this case, there's simply fact and a mistake.

[removed rude comments]

1 - 4 of 40 Posts