T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Trade marking means more than you would imagine, jus like nike, reebok etc..

Their mark is on the products for a reason and it's to be known and for their customers to come back to their stores for future purchases. I find it useless to not brand my stuff. Someone buys one of my shirts, thinks it's hot but has forgotten where they bought it, thus doesn't return to my shops. To me not branding is not in the cards. I have a variety of different goods in front of me with branding names such as: Camel, Medicine Shoppe, Bic, Bell, and many more.
There is a good reason for this.
Camie

·
Registered
182 Posts
I understand what you're saying. I came to this forum to help, that's what I intend to do.
To patend your designs is a good idea for most artists,and for designs period.
If you do not have the money for this, branding "Meaning to place your own company logo in the design" is what works best for most of us. The meaning of branding in my business is simply to advertise. I don't have to deal with the aspect of trademarks or patents, they do that for me. However I do know alot about the subject. The difference between patent and trademark is : a patent is protection of an idea or invention, you have to file for a patent, somebody else may have your idea. This does cost.
A trademark is for a symbol, text or logo. This is a very complex procedure. Which is a done by the manufacturer or dealer to distinguish a product. Which is normally protected by law.
Branding is totally different, just like a farmer would brand his cattle.

This is what I do on my products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.