T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone ..
I want make my webiste like them guys :

www.Threadless.com , www.hereitself.com , www.designbyhumans.com , www.teetonic.com , www.allmightys.com , www.lafraise.com , www.springleap.com

and many many many more of like that websites ..

and from looking at all of them , they look like they been cloned sort of website as of the same idea and programming but with the different design styles . and all of them websites got stuff in commen , such as ..

Design , Vote , Win , Shop ..

I think you got the idea about which kind of website I am looking to have it desing .

do you know any places that does that kind of webistes that you recommend me to go to ?

is there a ready made website for that kind of t-shirt competition website ?

thank you very much everyone .. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think there are websites where you can download sites like this for free. You has to fin a scripter. Who can make something unique for your website;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

You mentioned springleap in your lists of competition sites, and as one of the founders, I thought i'd try my best to answer your question.

We built the software from scratch. It was a difficult journey to get springleap to where it is now, and we are still FAR from complete with our vision. We first developed for about 4 months in asp.net, and then when we saw the results, we had to make a hard choice.

Did we continue with a platform we weren't happy with, or start again? So we started again.

It's take a huge amount of time, people and money to get our website to where it is at the moment.

There probably are some simple scripts you can buy (there seem to be scripts for everything on the net these days) but having a good website is just the start. Building our community, and producing good quality tshirts (we buy fabric, have it cut into our pattern and work with the top screenprinters so that the print is to our requirements) has been just a big a challenge.

Best of luck if you decide to move forward - it's been an amazing journey for the springleap team so far, and although it's been long days for many months now, we've loved every moment.

Eric

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There's a lot of sites out there which have base templates and from there you can customize to suit your needs. We use Pikiware but have modified the HTML code, as well as, incorporated other websites to fit the style and feel we were looking for. A great site to learn HTML etc. is www.w3schools.com and it's completely free

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:) you guys are the best .. thank you all for the great replies ..

but what I was asking really is Do you guys know any web design company would do such a design ?

or have dones such a designs before and that I can see their works life ?

or do you guys know who did them designs ?

Eric from springleap :
what is the web design company that did your website for ?

alright every one thank again .. keep up the reply and comments coming thank you . :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL .. hahahahahaha :D :D :D , I am sorry I didn't mean to laugh , but didn't you read my question and then my update question again ..

all I want is the name of them guys who does design website like the one I showed it at my first post ..

so I can contact them and see how much they will charge me to build such a website ..

but they MUST did such a website before and their work must be seen live .

thank you , i hope this 3rd post made what i want even more clear . :)

you are guys are the best ever :D thank you so much .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that is what i did , but they all never reply back to me , if someone did ask me such a question I will never answer them back either , because it's a secret of business , that is how some people look at it ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi,

springleap, (& most serious other web projects i know) are building up inhouse resources.

in order to get to where we are at the moment, we've had MANY developers & designers involved.

you can get a web dev company to build your platform if you spec it out, but you'll find that as you move forward you'll want changes made, and new ideas developed.

So either you need to find developers / designers that you can work with on an outsourced / freelance basis, or start building up a team.

E

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
that is what i did , but they all never reply back to me , if someone did ask me such a question I will never answer them back either , because it's a secret of business , that is how some people look at it ..
You don't need a specific designer or programmer. You don't have to use the same one they did. None of those sites probably used the same programmer.

All you need to do is go to a freelance site like elance.com, guru.com, rentacoder.com, odesk.com, etc and be able to describe in detail what features you need and you can get quotes from 100's of professionals that can do the work on a freelance basis.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
You can try getafreelancer.com I have never tried them but my friend did and said he had good results. They clone websites and do alot of things internet related. Good Luck. Let me know if it works out I want to make a nice website in about a year. I don't know how I will be able to link it to my differnt distributors inventory. A company that works with alpha wants 2500 to build one!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just awesome... another great read. Thanx to all who contributed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i started my site in 2000.... went through 4 redesigns over the years.... add/delete/organize/design/code/etc......

i would suggest to keep it simple for now and build it up once you figure out what you want....

i started with just a typical click/view/portfolio for my architecture work....

then over the years i added.... a forum/clothing/shop/blog/updates/scrolls/audio/etc..... to what it is today.... luckily my friend is a really good programmer/etc....
he does have a website... scintellent.com ...he is picky on his clients and works a fulltime job so he chooses accordinally to his time frame......and only works in html

there has to be some basic shop templates available too.... i think shopify.com might work for you too......

b

1 - 20 of 36 Posts