T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a logo that I'm absolutely in love with, but after printing it on a label, I've realized that the font is just a little bit too round. I'm trying to "lessen" the roundness via Illustrator, but nothing is working. Somebody help me out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hard to tell without seeing it, but most likely you'll have to redraw parts of it with the pen tool. There isn't really any automatic way to make it less round. Although you could check the corner point settings, you can change those from round to square.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want it on the forum but I could message it to you. The font was custom created in illustrator by another designer, she hasn't gotten back with me on how to make it less round, yet. She's pregnant and due soon so I don't wanna' disrupt her haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have the font?

If it's been converted to outlines you can use the convert anchor point tool to change the anchor points to straight lines instead of curves. But you'll probably have to go in with the pen tool and fix it up some.

Another option would be to select the anchor points/handles you want changed with the direct select tool and move them manually.

Both of these options require pen skills to keep your symmetry.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Unless you go with a different font since it is most likely that particular font that is rounded the way it is you will have to get into Illy and do like Randy says, manually edit all the anchor points on the corners. When you have that open in Illy is it still a font or all the letters objects?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless you go with a different font since it is most likely that particular font that is rounded the way it is you will have to get into Illy and do like Randy says, manually edit all the anchor points on the corners. When you have that open in Illy is it still a font or all the letters objects?
It isn't a font, so it's an object. The font was drawn by another designer I hired.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.