T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a really hard time lining up my designs when I have to do multiple color prints. The odd thing is that it always seems that the prints don't fit its almost as if they don't print right or burn right, however, when I check the actual design against a lit backdrop they line up perfectly... Does anyone have advice?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have a regular exposure unit without a vacuum, and the screens came already on the frames so I'm not sure about the tension, however, I always go with the print side up, away from the glass, I'll try doing it down...

thanks for the help...

· Registered
38 Posts
one question what do you mean by trapping or choke?
Trapping or choke refers to a process that will aid in lining up your artwork. When you use trapping, the top color or layer will be slightly larger than the bottom. This is usually accomplished by adding a slight outline around your image. Choking is the opposite, reducing the bottom color or layer slightly so it doesn't show. This helps out especially when you are using a white under base on a colored garment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.