T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i jst want to know any tips on ironing permaset supercover. what do i put in between the print and the iron? do i iron inside out as well? i am doing a 2 color print, that over a little bit of the edge jst to fill in the gaps, would i need to iron on after i print both colors or iron one after the other??

this is all to complex, never thought screen printing was so much in depth as this.:p

thank you

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Iron it directly, after all layers are printed. If you want it to be a bit quicker, run it through the dryer first (saves ironing out that initial moisture from the shirt before you get to the ink).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've used permaset many times. What i've usually done is take a t-shirt that i don't wear anymore (make sure it's clean). Cut out a nice square from it and use that between the ink and the iron. I haven't tried ironing directly on the ink first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow nice! yeah i'm getting it now, so i just gotta let it dry naturally for awhile and THEN i iron afterwards?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
so i just gotta let it dry naturally for awhile and THEN i iron afterwards?
Yep. And don't let it get wet again before it's cured. It will depend on ambient conditions, but waterbased ink generally takes in the region of 20-60 minutes to dry without assistance. You can speed that part up with a hairdryer if you want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so im about to do my print 2night, what setting for the iron? and for how long? also is it a firm pressure or light pressure? thanks solmu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts