T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. as of right now i typically tape a quarter or something similar to the end of my screen on the frame part, and that rests on the neck portion of my pallet to keep the screen up. to keep the off contact.

but how do people keep the off contact when they are using a standard square/rectangle platen with no neck???

Do they just let the screen push down then it will pop back up after the print stroke is done? or do they tape something to the actual mesh down lower so it rests on the platen also???

Just curious because i use wood platens now but would like to upgrade to metal but can only seem to find ones with no neck.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I adjust the off contact on press so nothing is ever taped to my screens. Your press should hold your off contact.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is an older press... not sure what brand its kind of a no name i guess...

it has no micros, no tilt, all it has is where the screen clamp bolts to the arm it has slots so i can raise the screen up and down. but its not that great of a press. some of the screens don't sit exactly parallel to the platen so i need something out on the end to keep it up off the shirt. not ideal i know....

A new press is on the list but i was just curious how most people do it..

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You should post pics of the press, your off contact is done with the slots to raise the head up and down and most press have a tilt adjustment some are hidden. I have had my share of old press and everyone had a tilt and off contact although I do know there are some that don't.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it has the off contact just no tilt... making it hard to get the screen parallel to the platen some times..

Here are the pics

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.