T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hI
i JUST PURCHASED A ROLAND PLOTTER CUTTER PRINTER AND I'M VERY NEW AT THIS AND IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY GOOD BOOKS ON PROJECTS TO MAKE SIGNS, BANNERS, ETC
AND
HOW TO GET THE PRINTER CUTTER TO CUT PICTURE AND FONT SHAPES THAT I MAKE IN ILLUSTRATER SO I CAN HEAT PRESS ON TSHIRTS?.
i MADE A PICTURE THEN ADDED TEXT AND IT CUT IT OUT IN A SQUARE AND I WANTED IT TO CUT OUR AROUND THE WHITE SQUIRREL AND AROUND THE WORDS.
aNY ADVICE WOULD BE GOOD ADVICE.
THANKS bELINDA

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I have looked on youtube and there is some great ideas, thanks ,-but i'm still stuck because i make letters and put pictures with them to design a t shirt in illustrator and whenever i print and cut to my printer plotter cuttter it cuts the entire edge 11 by 13 instead of around the letters and pictures? Not sure on how to make it cut shapes?
thanks Belinda

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I have the letters cutting out individually now. They had installed versa works in my illustrator and i just found it but now I cannot get the pencil tool to work with pictures? there must be a way to outline the graphics and them cut? not sure
belinda

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Rainbowfire

The plotter only see's vector line and anything you want to cut out will need to be vector. You can view the vector line in illustrator by going to VIEW> OUTLINE> or command Y. This is what your plotter see's and will cut out.

Place the image in Illustrator. Lock the image in it's own layer. Then create a new layer and use the Pen Tool not the Pencil Tool. It's tricky at first but you have to get used to it if you are going to get into using the plotter. You no long deal in bitmap only vector. If you need any help hit me back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i'm startign to get the hang of it. It is a roland 54". I guess this is just the begining. I have to learn all the vinyls and what I can do with it now. Does anyone know of any software I can use that is not registered for pictures. I want to add animals full color and many other pictures but now sure where to get them where I can use them?
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts