T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've done a lot if searching in creating halftone shirts. Everything I find seems to be on drawing them or printing, but not the actual process of putting their image on a shirt.

I know how to make halftones on corel, but since I'm very new, um not sure exactly how to get it from the transparencies to the shirt, can someone please help?

Thanks!

· Registered
2,997 Posts
Hi,

I've done a lot if searching in creating halftone shirts. Everything I find seems to be on drawing them or printing, but not the actual process of putting their image on a shirt.

I know how to make halftones on corel, but since I'm very new, um not sure exactly how to get it from the transparencies to the shirt, can someone please help?

Thanks!
What you need to understand is here:
Screen printing 101-Screen Print 101 part 1 / PCS

You can also youtube some videos on actual silkscreen process from basic to operation...

Goodluck.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnks, I do get the whole process and have watched hours if videos. We have already done plain shirts nicely, I just don't get the fade and halftones. Anything specific on JUST the halftone to shirt process?

Thanks!

Joe

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Thnks, I do get the whole process and have watched hours if videos. We have already done plain shirts nicely, I just don't get the fade and halftones. Anything specific on JUST the halftone to shirt process?

Thanks!

Joe
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You know how to create halftones and screens, now it's just a matter of using the same process to burn the halftones into the screen.

The major difference is you will need to understand how to choose the appropriate screen mesh for your halftone printing. I typically recommend a 22.5 degree angle, an ellipse for your dot pattern and then take the mesh you are using and divide it by 4.5 to get your frequency. For example, if you were using a 305 mesh, divide 4.5 into that to get roughly 68 or you can round it up to 70 because you are using 22.5 and an ellipse. These combinations will get you a nice halftone without any unwanted patterns.

· Registered
2,997 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the generous info!

I think I get it now. Once a half tone image us created, do you layer the different shade dots the put them on separate screens with different ink shades? That's the part I don't quite get.

Thanks

· Registered
2,997 Posts
Thanks for all the generous info!

I think I get it now. Once a half tone image us created, do you layer the different shade dots the put them on separate screens with different ink shades? That's the part I don't quite get.

Thanks
Well halftones are generated to produce gradients. The smaller the dots the lesser ink deposits to be printed. So in effect you will have a fading color.

In your question, there are 2 variations or process in screen printing you may want to choose with the usage of halftones in colors - CMYK Process (4 color process) and Simulated Process.

Eventually you are required to do separate screens for each color as you are defining your design into different channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.