T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm new to this forum and have no clue where to even begin....

I have countless t-shirt ideas and would love to get started in the t-shirt biz. All that I have been doing so far is writing my ideas down. Besides recommending to just start reading thru all the threads (which I have been doing), is there any books, websites or threads out there that anyone highly suggests for beginners? To get a feel for the process, do y'all (yes I'm from Texas) recommend dabbling in home production, using an online producer or going thru a local shop?

I know these are some rather broad questions, but like I said, I have no idea on how and where to take my first step into the world of making t-shirts. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Well, one step would be to figure out how you plan to sell the t-shirts. If you plan to sell them online or locally. How you plan to advertise. Who you think will buy them.

Once you have that figured out, you can take your designs and get them printed up by a local screen printer or a printer online. Or you could use a fulfillment company like cafepress to upload your designs to and have them handle the printing, hosting, ecommerce, etc.

There's no real "one way" to get started, because there are a lot of different variables and different ways to do "the t-shirt business", so once you figure out which way you're headed, then we can help you along the way.

I'm working on some type of guide to the business, but it probably won't be ready for a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts