T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im looking to get started the t-shirt, clothing, fashion business. what should be my very first step seeing as i live in Canada.

keep in mind that i am on the move alot, so altho i may be in Ontario today, i could be in any other province tomorrow. does that effect my first step in any way?

also i have no clear idea of exactly which way im headed, just making shirts, starting my own line, selling other brands.. so if i do need to register a business will the name be really important?

thanks in advance.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started from the begining 3 years ago.
Love every thing about it, I am selling my cutter, press, cap machine and a few thousand t's for $4400. Need to focus on my kids acting career so I need the cash.

call me Im in Brampton 647-379-0152
[email protected]
lol. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. (lol wasn't long enough but it was all i had to say)

· Registered
58 Posts
Drafter,

The unique thing about the garment printing industry is that you don't have to be fully committed(full time job) to be successful. You will get from it what you are willing to put into it. You can do it on the side and maybe print/create your designs on weekends or you can push everything to the side and go after it full time and do custom or contract printing. There is no one answer that fits everyone. You could receive 100 posts with 100 different versions of how people got into printing and to what extent they are committed to it.

My recommendation would be this, do not go into debt on any scale until you have a sound business model that you have some confidence in. Just because you have the capability to create shirts does not mean you have the customers to purchase them and cover your overhead. Spend some time defining who your customer will be and what they will expect of you, then go from there.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks tim, that's pretty good advice. i have been thinking this is pretty much the way im gonna go about it, not diving in head first, not going into debt (too much) just basically wanna start with a heat press, shirts, and either some custom prints or stock stuff from some company that sells art i like.

my main question here tho was supposed to be, what should be my first step?

should i just buy a heat press and start, or is there legal stuff that i need to get sorted first..

but i asked this question a week or so ago, and ive sort of figured out a bit more since then, but i could still use any help anyone is willing to mention here, im still learning lots day by day, and havent taken any steps forward yet, just reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.