T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i want to build up a collection of pics of fans wearing our shirts.

Ive realised that this is something not to many fans do naturaly (at least in my case) and have also noticed other brands offering incentives for such pics

Anyone have any experience on best methods to encourage people to get involved?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I've tried a few things that worked:

1) In each order I ship out, I offer a free product or discount if the customers shares their picture of them in the shirt. The value of seeing "real" people in your product outweighs the product giveaway/discount cost in my opinion.

2) Just ask :) If you build up a Facebook Fan Page around your brand and build a connection with the people there, they may be willing to submit photos if you just ask.

3) Some brands grow large enough or create a "fan" type response because of their branding and marketing efforts that it happens more naturally (like Johnny Cupcakes customers wanting to show off the exclusive stuff they bought).

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
It's simple, ask. I have plenty of pics of people wearing my shirts...I just don't know where it would fit on my website.
I think featuring them on the same page where the "add to cart" button is for that product/design would help other customers see how the design looks on "regular" people and build confidence that others have received their orders successfully and are happy enough with the products to send in a photo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think featuring them on the same page where the "add to cart" button is for that product/design would help other customers see how the design looks on "regular" people and build confidence that others have received their orders successfully and are happy enough with the products to send in a photo.
hm that would be a good idea. let me try to figure it out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I put my fan pics page on a separate page ("Wearing Lincoln Apparel") on my site, but the idea of putting them on the page for the T-shirt is a good idea (or linking to a page with those pics if you have a lot of them).

I just started my fan pics page so I only have a couple, but I plan on asking for more, and having a sign or something at shows that says people can post pics of themselves or their friends wearing my shirts on my website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out Alife NYC's flickr -- they've been tagged by people who love their brand: alife - Flickr: Search

just set up a Flickr account with your brand name, and include a tag request in the packages you ship. Depending on how popular your gear is, this can build up rapidly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts