605 Posts
looks pretty tricky...

But to fold a shirt in under 3 seconds...I'm willing to learn..lol

howtofoldashirt.net

·
Registered
155 Posts
kind of on topic, kind of off topic.

i have three rules in my life (i'm only sharing one)...and one is NEVER BUY T SHIRTS OFF A HANGER

why do retailers insist on hanging their t shirts? the necks get all stretched out...i hate that. ok, i kind of know why, it's easier to display and to pick out sizes and things like that. has anyone figured out a better way?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
This folding method by far is the best I've seen and used. I had an order last year for 5,000 shirts. I bought 2 flip and folds for the job. They worked well but because they are not stationary, they tend to move around a little when you are folding. This slows you down. I saw this technique right after I bought the flip and folds and I haven't used them since.

Last week I had an order for 1900 shirts that needed individually folded and bagged. Using this technique, I was folding one shirt every 5 seconds. I took a case of shirts and stacked them all on top of each other. Then started folding one at a time. Instead of pulling the shirt off of the stack, I folded it right on the stack. This method is well worth the time learning!

·
Registered
155 Posts
DTG Printing said:
This folding method by far is the best I've seen and used. I had an order last year for 5,000 shirts. I bought 2 flip and folds for the job. They worked well but because they are not stationary, they tend to move around a little when you are folding. This slows you down. I saw this technique right after I bought the flip and folds and I haven't used them since.

Last week I had an order for 1900 shirts that needed individually folded and bagged. Using this technique, I was folding one shirt every 5 seconds. I took a case of shirts and stacked them all on top of each other. Then started folding one at a time. Instead of pulling the shirt off of the stack, I folded it right on the stack. This method is well worth the time learning!
what kind of orders do you print that you're doing such large quantities?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Most of the time this is contract printing. The largest retail job I have printed is 3,000 and the largest contract job I've printed is 10,000.

Basically, they are company logos where they give out shirts for whatever reasons.

·
Registered
241 Posts
sneeky said:
:rolleyes:

hi justin

any ideas where these can be bought in the uk??
Sure, this is the place: http://www.flip-fold.co.uk/

Went to a trade show a couple of years back and saw a fully automated folding machine..WOW...put the shirt on, machine folds it in about a second, bags it, slides it into the box! what an incredible bit of kit....costly though!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Here in the USA, CAPS makes one that folds and bags and I think it's $10,000. I only have one customer who wants them bagged and it would take quite a few years to get my investment back with only one customer.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The manual (magic) way of folding tees, as stated in the first post is awesome. We use it like it's a magic trick! When we visit retailers we, during the course of our conversation take a tee and fold it and they go "Whoa! What was that?!" It's a great rapport builder and a very quick and effective way to fold your tees. It takes about 10 mins of practice and viola! All good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I pay shirt folders $37.50 an hour to start. At 1000 shirts an hour... it's better than a machine! There's a video on my site of one my best folders! Not sure what she's saying, but sometimes that's the best part.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts