T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed images exported out of illustrator seem to vary in size depending on their upload destination, i.e. when uploaded to spreadshirt small images (4 x 2 inches) become 11 x 10 etc?
I'm a newbie so i might just be being dumb, but is there any way of fixing dimensions for good in illustrator?
i've tried exporting in both .ai and .eps

thanks

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Is it possible that spreadshirt is simply automatically resizing the art? Is it possible that for spreadshirt, you need to submit art that is a specific size and specific resolution. And if you don't do it with those precise specs, the result in spreadshirt will become something different. What I'm sure of is that if you export a piece of art at a specific size from Illustrator, it doesn't change when you import it into a new program. And I know that various websites definitely have specific requirements for size and resolution.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, Thanks for your reply. Yeah I was thinking it was the individual websites auto-resizing things, but most of the time this only makes the design less compatible i.e. I get warnings of the image being too big for certain products, which is why i'm trying to work out if I can rigidly apply it's original dimensions somehow, most likely it's out of my control though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.