T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone knows ,how to built the website where you can enlarge picture just by putting the mouse cursor on it without clicking?
I will really appreciate your answer,because I hate clicking just to see the picture bigger in separate window...and lots of potential customers don't want to waste time for it,believe it or not :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
the function that you are after is achieved with javascript. Google the following scripts:

Lightbox
Shadowbox
Lytebox
Floatbox

they all do a similar thing, some with more control than others, I am sure one of them offers the onRollover function. If you need any further help with this let me know.

jono

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! I'm planning to finish my website first and then play with it a little more, the website doesn't look too great now so it's gonna be a lot of work :)
Thank's a lot!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like your websites guys!Really proffesional...I'll get there some day...jono's shirts are really funny!I make shirts for kids so it's quite different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't need any Javascripts, you can do it yourself in Dreamweaver, and no doubt other wysiwyg web programs. It's called onmouseover. Basically you create the two pictures one thumbnail, and the large one. Using the onmouseover command in Dreamweaver, you point it at the two pictures. Click create, then when you move your mouse over the picture, it shows the enlarged one. Simple

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You don't need any Javascripts, you can do it yourself in Dreamweaver, and no doubt other wysiwyg web programs. It's called onmouseover. Basically you create the two pictures one thumbnail, and the large one. Using the onmouseover command in Dreamweaver, you point it at the two pictures. Click create, then when you move your mouse over the picture, it shows the enlarged one. Simple
If I am not mistaken, "onmouseover" is a javascript command. Dreamweaver puts the code in the page. :) Good tip none the less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts