T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling with this big time!!! It will be screen printed. the picture will be on the crest so only about 3 - 4". If it were larger I was going to do it as a halftone (just the goat) but since I am barely experienced with halftones and it will be so small, I don't think that will work. It will be fine if it is more of a clipart style with just outlines...but I can' figure out how to make that happen either. There are some similar ones on the web that would be easy but the customer wants this goat...head turned and all!!!

I use corel x6

THanks

Attachments

· Registered
3,506 Posts
doesn't corel have photopaint where you could take the goat image into as a bitmap image and turn it into greyscale, delete colors, and use some type of black and white level control to get it to look like line art then flip it back into corel and trace it making it vector? then just add the text and whatever else?

if not i'd just trace the outline of the goat then go in and trace the dark brown as black. only detail you'd need is the eyes nose and ears which you'd do separate from outline and black (used to be dark brown) shapes.

· Registered
293 Posts
This was done in Corel X6. One is a halftone at 45lpi ellipse dots with a 22.5 angle.
The other is just a Corel bitmap trace which would need to be broken down into a lot less colors. It can be done with or without halftones.
PM me and I can send you the files or help you with them.

Attachments

· Registered
293 Posts
Why beat yourself up, and take a chance of the customer not likin it ? Just get a dtg print and your good to go... And it would be exactly what they ordered...
Good idea if they are only printing a few but if there is a large amount then it would need to be screen printed

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome but unfortunately I don't have a dtg printer. Don't even know the first thing about that process....except the printers are too pricey foe me right now :)
And it's for 100 shirts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
3,506 Posts
are you set up right now to print multi-color silk screen? even if you do black and white that's still 2 colors. how about outputting films?

if you're not comfortable doing the artwork i'd send it out to a vectorization service like the one advertised in the banner at the top of the page. tell them you want it black and white, spend the $15 then output your films or send the files out to be output for you.

sorry to ask so many questions but it'd help to know your setup and what kind of experience you have.

· Registered
3,145 Posts
I would be satisfied with this style..just need it to look more the other goat.
The bodies of these two goats look pretty much alike. So it would be easy enough to hand trace the color goat's head in the same style using your bezier tool and weld it to the body you already have.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bodies of these two goats look pretty much alike. So it would be easy enough to hand trace the color goat's head in the same style using your bezier tool and weld it to the body you already have.
This is what I ended up doing..kindof...took the head from the plain one and flipped it..tweaked a little and...voila!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.