T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to Do A 4 Color Design Using Vinyl Heat Transfers

As apparel decorators, you must decide exactly what process is best for each job. When you get an order for 200 t-shirts, you may want to screen print those designs to make sure you are getting the maximum profit. And when you receive an order for a custom t-shirt, you may want to use heat printing if you have those capabilities. What about multi-color designs? Do you typically use screen printing for those jobs or think about heat printing if the quantity is low?

With new heat transfer material, CAD-CUT Premium Plus, heat printing these designs has become more affordable and economical. Take a look at this video as we create a 4-color design for a resort themed t-shirt from start to finish.

We hope this video will inspire you to break out into different markets like resorts and hotels if you are not currently decorating apparel for this market and also inspire you to break out of the box with heat applied materials when you need a solution for a quick and inexpensive eye-catching design.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
@ccdcourtney Thanks for the great video! I've always wondered about the registration when doing multi color designs with t-shirt heat transfer vinyl. It looks like you just align things by eye based on what the design is supposed to look like. No special marks or anything?

Does part of the mouth design overlap on the other vinyl as well?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rodney! :) Yep- I just eyeball the design into place for this. The way the artwork was set-up, it just fell right in together!

Part of the mouth does overlap the other vinyl as well..Our tiki man has a big smile!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Courtney-

great job!! I want that weeder where did you get it??
I am getting a callous from my weeder.
Thanks! This weeder really is great! I've tried a plain weeder without any "cushion" but after a few designs I get sore (I guess I'm spoiled :) )

It's the Stahls' EZ Weeder you can get it at Stahls.com

· Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Rodney! :) Yep- I just eyeball the design into place for this. The way the artwork was set-up, it just fell right in together!

Part of the mouth does overlap the other vinyl as well..Our tiki man has a big smile!

Hi - I have a quick question about registration, I see where you have the blue and orange triangles looks like the left side lined up great but on the right side registration was off a bit so you could see the green shirt in the gaps. Is there a way to correct that? I do realize that when you pull the transfer paper off it streches the shirt some which is causing this.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a platten weather aluminum or wood spraying with alittle adhesive like we do when screenprinting to hold the shirt down and streching. Just not sure how the adhesive will react under the high heat. Might just make things all gooey. I'll try a test shirt first I guess.

Next short run I have needing this type of registration I will try it and post results here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.