T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering T-shirts from a local vendor I commision him to do the artwork. I tell him what I want and he works on it. He charges for the artwork. He then tells me the design is his? How does this work? I'd love your feedback. Thank you

·
Registered
702 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't continue to do business with someone who didn't disclose this before accepting the job. This is part of the reason why I think ownership retention is such an annoying, hostile thing to do to a customer, because the less ethical print shops lord it over their customers later down the road (your shirts now cost $30 instead of $20 and you can't do a thing about it!!!) instead of being forthright about it.

Which is why so many of us wind up with customers coming in with a business card and expect us to re-create the artwork from scratch... because it's being held hostage by someone else. Which is why I posted a few threads about how much research we all should do to determine a company's logo's previous ownership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.