T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me how to cut a multi colour design in craft robo or illustrator I normally use robo master and end up spending a lot of time readjusting all the cut lines tidier. Have finally got illustrator and a plug in to cut to craft robo but am trying to cut a 3 colour design but am having problems getting the layers to line up properly when I size them all the same size the cut lines do not match up so that the text would be short on some parts under the border etc and the bottom layer pokes out the sides of the border help how to I resize so that they will layer correctly. The Image is a superman logo .

· Registered
175 Posts
If you are using illustrator you should create color layer seperations and then send each color layer to your cutter seperately. With heat pressed vinyl there will be some shrinkage so the images will never line up perfectly. I usually will press each layer for 2 seconds just to adhere the layer onto the shirt and then after i complete the design will put a teflon sheet over my design and heat for the full recommended time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.