T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know this is a t-shirt forum...but creating flyers goes along with the types of t-shirts i am doing. I am somewhat a concert promoter and I like for my staff to have t-shirts that goes along with the event, but the thing I have the question about is how do i create the club type flyers(i am not sure what they are called), what are they called, and like what's the process or whatever information you can provide me with, I will greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Tye,
These prints are done a couple ways. Depending on quantity and size, you would have them done either digital or offset. Here in L.A. you will see these done on postcard sized card stock also known as 10-12 point cover stock. You also see these printed on 100lb gloss book. Postcard size prints less then 5000 count you would probably get done digital. Anything more probably would be cheaper done in an offset process. This would be something you would have sent out to be done. This equipment could cost you thousand of dollars.
As far as software to create the image I would say Photoshop. You can use anything really, illustrator, indesign and so on. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks...I have photoshop cs3 extended but I recently purchased it and haven't learned how to use it...so hopeful I can learn soon....do you think that if I print them using a regular maybe inkjet or some type of other printer I can make them look somewhat like the expensive machines do....thanks for the advice

·
2,957 Posts
Like you, I love to do things myself, especially if it means saving money.

But, honestly, it's going to cost you more to get the paper and the ink needed to print them, than to have them done by professionals.

I've done events in the past, and I get my flyers made. There's a great place online that has the best deal I can find anywhere:

CLUBFLYERS.com

You can get 1,000 4x6 full color, 14pt flyers for $75. You can get 5,000 of the same for $150.

Inkjet ink is very expensive, and you're going to spend a good bit on ink and paper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you will not get anywere near the quality of a proper digital printer or offest press. graphic production copiers cost about 40k british pounds! presses are about 1million or so lol! i would definately advise outsourcing..it will work out cheaper and much more professional

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well Tye,

Like Greg said, you are not going to save any money doing it that way. I'm, not sure where you live but I have some hook ups with a printer here in Southern California. If you want I can give you his info and drop him your name. Let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks I have been searching around and I see what you guys are saying about the machines. Ok well can you guys provide me with some great deals on where I can get this type of flyers done. Thanks for your advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts