T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am self taught on Adobe Illustrator and use this program to create designs for tshirts and car decals. I am having problems creating cutlines for my Roland BN20 when I use a gradient colour. Is there any videos or links you could direct me to, to find a solution.
Thanks in advance Mary x

· Registered
859 Posts
Hi there. I am self taught on Adobe Illustrator and use this program to create designs for tshirts and car decals. I am having problems creating cutlines for my Roland BN20 when I use a gradient colour. Is there any videos or links you could direct me to, to find a solution.
Thanks in advance Mary x
Are you having trouble making the cut lines in AI or them showing up correctly in Roland versaworks?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
It is in illustrator I am having the problem. I create my design with the gradient fill and then I expand appearance. I then select all and copy to a new layer. In my new layer (which is where i normally create my cutlines) I expand -> remove fill and select the Roland magenta spot color for my cutlines. All I get when I do this is my entire design filled with magenta lines rather than just the outline. I have trolled the internet but havent found anything to help me. Am i doing something wrong or is it just not possible to do?
I havent tried sending it to VersaWorks.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.