T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,825 Posts
double click the channel to open the 'spot channel options',
double click the color swatch under 'Ink Characteristics',
select 'color libraries' on the right, choose the Pantone book you want to use.
the closest matching color will be chosen by default (it's common that the auto chosen colour is not truly the closest matching one).

if you don't have the color book you need already in photoshop you can download and add it... i jsut can't seem to find the link on the Pantone web site

· Registered
69 Posts
I'm thinking the mode of your image is CMYK to begin with. In this state, it can't be changed to PMS spot channels.

In order to change the process channels to spot color PMS values, you'll first need to change the mode of the image to Multichannel.

Following that, you'll be able to double-click each cmyk channel and change each to whatever PMS value desired. :D

· Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking the mode of your image is CMYK to begin with. In this state, it can't be changed to PMS spot channels.

In order to change the process channels to spot color PMS values, you'll first need to change the mode of the image to Multichannel.

Following that, you'll be able to double-click each cmyk channel and change each to whatever PMS value desired. :D
Thanks guys.

Here's what happened. We do almost all of our own graphics, seps, etc.. with Corel. Why, just because that's what we started with, and are comfortable with, while we do have CS4, but not AI.

Anyways, we have been needing help with graphics as we are getting busier, and busier. So we outsourced this job we need designed, and it's pretty elaborate, quite awesome really. We specified that we needed it created as a vector file, 4 colors max (per customer specs), solid pantones. What we got back was actually very nice, but a .psd file, cmyk colors... REALLY lol I guess they didn't understand, somehow are request.

Guess it's time to learn how to print our positives from photoshop, which we should anyways, just kind of lost at the moment trying to figure out how to apply our traps, spreads, chokes...

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Thanks guys.

Here's what happened. We do almost all of our own graphics, seps, etc.. with Corel. Why, just because that's what we started with, and are comfortable with, while we do have CS4, but not AI.

Anyways, we have been needing help with graphics as we are getting busier, and busier. So we outsourced this job we need designed, and it's pretty elaborate, quite awesome really. We specified that we needed it created as a vector file, 4 colors max (per customer specs), solid pantones. What we got back was actually very nice, but a .psd file, cmyk colors... REALLY lol I guess they didn't understand, somehow are request.

Guess it's time to learn how to print our positives from photoshop, which we should anyways, just kind of lost at the moment trying to figure out how to apply our traps, spreads, chokes...
Can you post a link to the file.. Should be able to import and convert in CD no problem. The PS color models set up leaves allot to be desired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.