T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this type of image of the ak47 where you color the object with one single color. I've been trying my hardest to take an sword or a shotgun and tried using the magic wand in photoshop, or color the image manually but it doesnt turn anywhere near perfect as this. I see a lot of tshirts where people take cars, skateboards, guns, and they color it one single color and it turns out perfect like this photo. Can someone give me any tips please?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Two options.
1. Bring the photo into Illustrator or Corel or Freehand and use the pen tool to draw it.
2. Cut out the background in Photoshop so that all you have is the gun. Change to black and white then adjust contrast until the image is completely black. Change image back to rgb or cmyk, depending on how you're seperating. Adjust hue and saturation making sure you check the "colorize" box in the bottom corner of the options box that pops up for the hue/saturation. At least, that's how I would do it, but I use Illustrator more.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
cool ill try it out. is there a particular name this type of process is called? could you help me find a youtube video on how to do this?
I don't know if there is a name for the "process" of cutting out the background and making it all one color. It's just using basic tools in Photoshop. You could open up the help menu in Photoshop and read step by step instructions. As far as using Illustrator, it's called tracing. That is also in Illustrator's help menu. It's how I learned most of what I know, since our graphic design program at the college I graduated from wasn't as helpful as it should have been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.