T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a client who wants a fairly standard sized logo on the front of a shirt (2 color), and then 2 smaller logos (same 2 colors) at the bottom, just above the seam/hem.
My 1st thought was to do this using 4 screens so shirts could be repostioned to place bottom logos in the correct spot. They came back at me saying they got a much cheaper quote elsewhere though, and I can only imagine the other place was doing only 2 screens for all logos.

How would you guys all quote on this?
Is it feasible to print the bottom logos at varying distances from the bottom hem with each different shirt size (S-XL)?

My shirt board is only about 16"x16", which i believe is fairly standard, and I figure even if I had an oversized board it'd be difficult to do given the logos more than 1 color.

Any advice is appreciated!

· Registered
1,113 Posts
The main logo is probably going to be around 11" x 5".
Their art as i received it (vector, but not to actual measurements) was actually placed on blank shirt template with the bottom logos sitting a cm or so above the bottom hem.
Well in that case, you can get creative with your screen burning, burn the one image on the top of the screen, then flip the screen to the bottom and burn the images at the bottom, then when you go to press, tape the bottom images up, print the full logo, then when you are ready to line up the bottom, tape the top and print the bottom, all you need to do its just be careful with your spacing, and your alignments. That way you charge for 2 screens and not 4, and you dont have to reload ink into each screen, just add a bit more for the bottom of the shirts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in that case, you can get creative with your screen burning, burn the one image on the top of the screen, then flip the screen to the bottom and burn the images at the bottom, then when you go to press, tape the bottom images up, print the full logo, then when you are ready to line up the bottom, tape the top and print the bottom, all you need to do its just be careful with your spacing, and your alignments. That way you charge for 2 screens and not 4, and you dont have to reload ink into each screen, just add a bit more for the bottom of the shirts
Yes, but I still net to cure the main logo and reload every (1000) shirt. Basically still twice the work.

· Registered
937 Posts
Figure out the price you need to get to handle a job like this. Know what your personal best price is. If saving the cost of burning two extra screens will get you to a good price for the customer, then fine. If they still want to play the "I have a better price" game, then tell them to walk. You should never be the cheapest guy in the neighborhood. On 1000 shirts, the additional cost of two screens is only about 4 cents a shirt.

Reactions: teezecrost

· Registered
937 Posts
I'm going to guess that you have a manual press like I do. That's a pretty decent size order, and if you're not making money on the first 100, you're not going to make much on the next 900 either. This might be a job that would be good to contract out to someone with an automatic. See what kind of contract pricing you can get on it. Again, don't just compare prices. Look for a contract printer with good quality and fair prices. You don't want to hire the cheapest guy either I'd guess. Then, you can both make some money on this job, plus with the time you'll have back, you can be printing something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.