T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some designs that were submutted to me on a WHITE BACKGROUND. When I try to change the image to have a Transparent background (to submit to my background) it seems that it already IS transparent. But it's not. That is, it is transparent behind the image on the white ebox.

I need to put these designs on different color shirts this weekend and I cna't seem to figure out how to get the image to appear by iteself, without a white box around it.

I have:
Photoshop CS3
Illustrator CS3
Fireworks 8
Photoshop Editor 5

... but I can't do it in any of them.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There could be a few different things wrong, here's the most common off my head:
1. Your image that you brought in isn't transparent, therefore it has white and the white boundaries need to be removed (you can't place transparent overtop or underneath). To do this, you would use the Magic Wand, make sure it's set to a low tolerance (like 1, since it should be plain white all around), and that Contiguous is checked (without contiguous, it'll select all white in the image, which can be bad if you want everything inside the image to remain the same and you're just cutting the outside). Make sure you have the image layer selected, and click on the white background, then press the delete key to get rid of each section until you're left with just the image.

2. If the above does not work, you may be working on the background object which is locked, there may be a better way to get around this, but what I usually do is: I open my jpeg or whatever, this usually sets the background layer as locked and with the image. I duplicate the background layer, remove the visibility of the background layer, then proceed to cut everything out as stated above in #1.

After you're finished getting rid of all items you don't want and made the modifications you want to make, if you need to bring it into another program, you will need to save the image in a filetype that has transparency. I usually use GIF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, but I have a large font 120.
Want size, in photo shop? When I try to make it larger it stops responding?
Thanks, Muddy1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts