T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I'm going to tell the situation.
I and my partner, we are going to start a new t-shirt business in Brazil.
We bought a used Anajet Sprint to bring to Brazil, but this printer needs a new printer head, and we just bought the printer head from Anajet.
There's a question. Is too dificulty to change the printer head? I never seen the Anajet Sprint in my life, and I'm in Brazil, and my partner saw at the first time, when it's arrived in his home (Boston - MA).
I found a tutorial in this forum, for change a Fast T-Jet Blazer Express printer head ( http://www.t-shirtforums.com/fast-t-jet/t139585.html ) , but I didn't find nothing for the Sprint. There's a tutorial like this, for Anajet Sprint?
Please if someome could give instructions, or some advice, we are a little worry because there's a lot of cautions in the paper that's comes with the printer head from Anajet.
Shoud we pay a labor for change this?
Thankyou so much!

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Bruno,
There are a few pitfalls. I would either find someone local who is familiar with Epson heads and has changed them or call Anajet and have them send you a PDF with pictures and walk you through the proceedure on the phone or skype. It's not difficult, but you need to know how to register the new head to the main board(serial number) and to make sure you are well grounded when touching components.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruno,
There are a few pitfalls. I would either find someone local who is familiar with Epson heads and has changed them or call Anajet and have them send you a PDF with pictures and walk you through the proceedure on the phone or skype. It's not difficult, but you need to know how to register the new head to the main board(serial number) and to make sure you are well grounded when touching components.
Thank you so much Z and Boguslaw!

I'm going to ask Anajet about this pdf. I hope everything runs good.
Thank you for the attention.

· Registered
105 Posts
Bruno...I used to have an older model Anajet printer and had to replace my printheads on a couple of occassions. As its been mentioned on here....its a little tricky. You have to follow the process as specified and you need to do it right the first time before you power the printer back on or you risk the possibility of blowing the fuse on the printer board which will not allow it to print. Everything will work fine except you will not see any ink come out of the printhead.

I can provide all the documents you need to do this since you are in Brazil. If you were local...I'd recommend you actually send your machine to Anajet and have them go through it making the necessary replacement or find a certified Epson reppair shop to do this. I SERIOUSLY reccommend that you find a local Epson repair business down there to replace the printhead for you. A lot of things can go wrong. Email me and I'll send you the documents you need with instructions on how to replace the head (onthespotgraphix@sbcglobal.net)

· Registered
105 Posts
Bruno...I used to have an older model Anajet printer and had to replace my printheads on a couple of occassions. As its been mentioned on here....its a little tricky. You have to follow the process as specified and you need to do it right the first time before you power the printer back on or you risk the possibility of blowing the fuse on the printer board which will not allow it to print. Everything will work fine except you will not see any ink come out of the printhead.

I can provide all the documents you need to do this since you are in Brazil. If you were local...I'd recommend you actually send your machine to Anajet and have them go through it making the necessary replacement or find a certified Epson reppair shop to do this. I SERIOUSLY reccommend that you find a local Epson repair business down there to replace the printhead for you. A lot of things can go wrong. Email me and I'll send you the documents you need with instructions on how to replace the head (onthespotgraphix@sbcglobal.net)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thankyou BP! I aprecciate your attention with my problem.
The printer is in the way to Brazil, it's already in the ship.
I looked in Brazil, is very, very expensive to pay a labor of a certified Epson to change my printer head.
I'm going to send a e-mail, to see this documents.
I and my partner, we don't have too much money to spend. New business you know, is most of the time, with a little budget, because that we bought a used anajet. In Brazil, a new anajet sprint is U$33.400,00.
Thankyou so much!

· Registered
17 Posts
Olá Bruno!
Like you I'm another Brazilian with an Anajet Sprint...

I'm also about to replace a print-head so was wondering if you got hold of any material, manual, pdf or whatever that could help me with the task?

I'm located in São Paulo, Mooca. It would be nice to stay in touch so we could help each other and avoid paying the crazy prices asked by the local distributor...

Abraço!
Rafael.

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Search Internet for epson 1900
Manual. The 1800,1900,2000,2880 are all close. The sprint is epson 1900 based. Despite what Anajet claimed for years! It requires you to make a special tool that is simply a hook to push in on tabs behind the carriage to release the CISC board, if it is still installed on the sprint after modification. Unlikely an Epson tech would even touch it. But it is SP.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Reactions: RafaelVF

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Randy. I found my way removing the print-head that is to be replaced. Installing the new one shouldn't be a problem... There was no need for any special tool. There's no board to be disconected at the back, just a couple of flat cables on the side. Maybe you're thinking of a different model?
Was just wondering if there's any procedure to be followed after instalation, before turning it on, or if the software has to be informed that the part has been replaced...
Cheers!

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Bom Dia, the CISC board was probably removed by Anajet when they modified the printer to be used as a DTG . One thing to watch for is on the end of the ribbon cables there is a blue or gray tab that is on the opposite side of the silver connectors. This is a spacer tab that keeps the connection tight. They fall off all the time. Be sure they are there if not you will have a poor connection and likely fry your cables, motherboard and head. There is a ranking code that can be entered via the Epson R1900 adjustment program. However it is not required and rarely done on that format printer. A printhead alignment is suggested. It is in the basic epson R1900 driver, it also maybe in the RIP software, or another utility cd provided by Anajet. Just a suggestion, keep your printer plugged into a regulated power supply. Boa Sorte.

Reactions: RafaelVF

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks a lot Randy! You're a star for sharing those tips!
Yeah, I can see the blue tab. Will handle that with extreme care.
I was told that entering the "ranking code" is no longer necessary. Will definitely run an alignment.
And yes, the printer is connected to a good quality UPS.
Thanks again! All the best mate!

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Anajet uses EKprint custom made driver so you will not find a head aligment tool there but it is in the Ekprint software - ink settings - utilities. Since the machines uses white ink you better do this procedure on a transparent sheet.

But first print something after replacement - small text would suit this test fine - maybe aligment will not be nessecary.

Also be carefull with screewingin the printhead to the carriage, its very easy to damage the threads and the head will be "wobly" and you will need to replace the carriage.

· Registered
1 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLuOcCMgMlg
Hi, there is replacement printhead great video. "Registration" printhead (it´s not registration, its voltage - head rank - setting) is not necessary. Voltage setting is important for accurate printing in variable dot mode. Anajet Sprint cant´t print in this mode. Compared with another sophisticated printers is AS really stupid machine. But it´s working great:)
Martin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.