T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- ( 1st post) I am pressing a heart transfer on a 50/50 royal blue polo shirt with 3 buttons.
I used a mouse pad to raise the area to be pressed to avoid the buttons. Transfer looks fine but I end up with a line from the mouse pad. Temp 350 and med pressure. Transfers were hot split. Any thoughts on what happened? And how to avoid this in the future.
Larry K

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Have you tried making a Card Board cut-out? You're putting the transfer on the front right? Make a card board cut out in the shape of your bottom platen, then put three wholes where the buttons would line up or make a grove/channel about the width of the buttons from the bottom of the colar to just under the last button.

It never hurts to try.

Paul

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
There's a really good free Trade Magazine that you might want to subscribe too, I think it's PrintwareMag.com. It's been awhile since I've actually looked at it, but I keep the old ones around just for that. Tips I mean.

I think I called it platens in the previous thread, but SP's call it, Jigs. We do both screen printing and transfers, how about you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts