T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight boys,

So I have client with a sweet 2 color design that they want on a white shirt. The color are black and red.

My issue is that they want a cheaper price. I'm considering either reducing my profit margin since it could be a big client, or simply not flashing being that the colors don't touch.

I would like to hear from past experiences of printers who have been in this situation before.

Let me know, thanks!!

· Registered
761 Posts
Aight boys,

So I have client with a sweet 2 color design that they want on a white shirt. The color are black and red.

My issue is that they want a cheaper price. I'm considering either reducing my profit margin since it could be a big client, or simply not flashing being that the colors don't touch.

I would like to hear from past experiences of printers who have been in this situation before.

Let me know, thanks!!
if the colors dont touch, i dont flash.

sometimes even when they do touch, if it's a good butt register i dont flash.

i prefer to butt register and no flash, vs over print and flash.

depending on the colors being used, i'll adjust print order to compensate for a color that maybe likes to stick to the next screen. ie: white...

yesterday i did 100 white and red on blue shirts..

i know my white sticks a little. rather than using a curable reducer, i simply printed the red screen first, followed by the white screen.

no flash.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naptime: Unfortunately my printer charges me for flashing, this is a cost i have to pass down to my client. I appreciate the input that if the colors are not touching we do not have to flash. It's good to know from another printers perspective that I don't need to do that.

Thanks again!

· Registered
434 Posts
Naptime: Unfortunately my printer charges me for flashing, this is a cost i have to pass down to my client. I appreciate the input that if the colors are not touching we do not have to flash. It's good to know from another printers perspective that I don't need to do that.

Thanks again!

it is also based on how skilled the printer is. I also see that you contract your orders out. The printer might be charging you for the flash because of that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.