1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow! I find this very interesting...At first I checked your apparel line and thought, "cool" (I enjoy pun/parody), but how are they getting away with it in big name stores...Then after reading your blog I got from it that you obtained an IP from a company that used to parody popular cereals and whatnot? Genius...but did/does Wacky Packages pay royalties?

Sorry if this is asking a lot, I only ask because I myself do a few parody designs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What a great write up! So insightful! I love hearing about people who have had such great success. It's inspiring on so many levels. Information like that from someone who has "made it" is priceless. Thanks for posting and I look forward to reading your next post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That was such a good read. Funny though, I would have gone to have a look at your clothes in Bloomingdales If I would've known.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There are a lot of posts wondering where the line is between parody and plagiarism. Since you have made the majors in this arena could you shed some light on how the original company walked that line. Did they work with the companies they were parodying? :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd love to see a blog about how much the licensing costs for the "Wacky Packages" They are awesome, but I would think it would almost be cost prohibitive for a new company to pay for that IP, I'd love to hear how you went about that. It is a great informative blog about how to do things right, I'd love to see something about what was involved in getting that license

1 - 16 of 16 Posts