T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
814 Posts
depends on what level fashion you are speaking on.. I dont think that it will effect "fashion" at all, but the clothing manufacturing/retail industry it might have an effect... Fashion designers will always have a place in the world because there will always be the "rich" who can pay fo rtha stuff..

the retailers and the few manufacturers who are left here in the US will loose out for sure.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
The current economic situation is a world event, that is affecting all countries. I'm really not sure why it is all happening, as everyone I know in business, still has products going through the door, myself included.

If anything, people have become less trusting of the financial institutions and less likely to put their money away into investments and banks.

When this current 'blip' is over, the winners in the fashion and garment industries, will be those who have invested in new designs and new technologies. If you have quiet times yourself, sit down and work on new designs, or research new methods of production.

· Registered
814 Posts
it is going to hurt people in the building/financial/household industries.. the company i work or manufacturers sump pumps to be sent across the country.. MOST of them get put into new home builds.. NO ONE IS BUILDING NEW HOMES>. so that sucks for us.. Something you never would have thought would be effected by this.. sump pump makers.. are effected.. so the reach is far.. but not into fashion/clothing.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Many new home builders in the UK have put the pads down for new houses, but are not building the homes to go on them in the current economic situation. This is as a direct result of problems in getting new mortgages at the moment. It is ONLY the building and finance industries that shuld be affected by all of this. Those other businesses that overstretched themselves by living on credit, will only have themselves to blame when they cease trading and the 'repo men' move in.

If the garment and fashion industries can survive massive cheap imports and radical changes in technology and buying habits, it can also survive this current economic situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.