T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, so thanks for having me. I have a generic question. I started a skateboard apparel brand and I am looking into becoming a vendor at skateboard/snowboard/surfing competitions and events. For example, I want to do the Vanz warped tour. They offer 10x10 spaces for $250 a day. My competitors are companies like Hurley, volcom, O'neill, etc.

My question is, what is a fair amount of
t-shirts one can expect to sell a day at an event like this with 1000's of people daily?

I am trying to calulate costs/profits and would love a rough estimate lol. I think 50 shirts a day is low/fair. My wife likes 75 shirts a day for a new company. I dont' want to over estimate. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
How many other t-shirt companies are going to be there? Will they be giving out or selling an event t-shirt? The more competition, the more the sales get split among the vendors.

When you say "My competitors are companies like Hurley, volcom, O'neill, etc.," what are you going to do to compete? Those brands probably sponsor athletes and have the money to market, advertise, have athlete appearances at the booth, have professional models attracting attention, etc. As a new brand, it's going to take time to get noticed and take market share away from those bigger brands.

I think 50 a day is a safer estimate. Maybe even expect to sell less and be pleasantly surprised if you sell more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
it is very hard to compete with established brands like hurley. you are picking a hard market to break into. a skater will wear a shirt that says hurley and know what it is. a skater is not going to wear a shirt with a drawing of a skater that says radical.

i started a line with an ex wakeboard pro and went to the wake expo. most of the pros came by and visited and got free shirts people seemed to like the line. we got one or two orders and no reorders. i could not afford to make people like us and i gave up.

i think it depends more on your gimmick

·
Administrator
14,473 Posts
The key is going to be your price point and style. Those other guys are going to be there, but there shirts will be $30+. You come in with a good price and nice styles and it's not unreasonable to sell to 1% of the attendance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts