T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently my friend eagerly went out on his own and showed some shop owner in a mall my designs and the shop would like to place an order...

i charge $15/$18 regularly, am i to decrease for retail?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
i charge $15/$18 regularly, am i to decrease for retail?
Do you mean decrease for selling wholesale to the mall shop owner?

Yes, when selling wholesale to a store that is going to sell retail to end customers, you will need to descrease the price.

Here are some threads that might help:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=4780&highlight=wholesale+pricing

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3855&highlight=wholesale+pricing

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381&highlight=wholesale+pricing

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
yeah, big tiome.. now your dealing with Volumn. Wholesale at a price he will be ahppy with. here is what I do. MY cost. (shirt, ink, transfers) shirt 1.30 (White) ink 50 cents and transfer $1.00 cost $2.80. If I sell 12 @ $6.85/ [email protected] $6.25 / 36 @ $5.75
he sells at $14.95 profit is 62%
You sell at $5.75 profit is 51%

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very helpful. this is the best place...

EVER!

thank you!

i dont think it will be big volume, i just started and im hand pulling these shirts, only have like 50. haha. i havent been, but my friend has visited the store several times. apparently its a locally owned, non franchise, business. some dood that just decided to open a store a couple years ago. we'll see. im going to be visiting some higher end shops near the ritzy artsy area near vanderbilt cause i think theres a big market there. the store owner also recommended i visit downtown nashville boutiques.

anyways... ill post my results.

also... today ive decided to start my internet marketing test,

which probably will only take an hour a day.

- request add 5-15 friends on myspace a day. targetted. friends of tshirt vendors, and artists
- post comments on 5-15 friends to promote linkbacks and they also generate friend requests
- post on forums. i have a several that are art related that ive been part of for a few years and ive had a few sales from them.... so ill post critiques/comments on the artists work, and general conversations (no buy my shirt spam) and hopefully, it ill get more internet friends, and maybe a few sales while im at it.
- ebay, one a week. if not more. if i try 52 weeks in a row... law of averages says i will sell X% of them
- etsy.com - another artsy sell your stuff site

im hoping after a few months, the pipeline will start filling up and it will snow ball eventually.

ill post results in a month or two, if i am diligent enough to follow through.

:)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Another option, especially for small quantity, would be some sort of consignment set up. If you went with this the retailer wouldn't be actually buying your shirts, only getting a cut of the sale if and when they sold. So the retailer takes less risk, you aren't guaranteed any profit, but if they do sell well you'd make more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts