T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this business and was trying to figure the cost for printing and heat press transferring full color graphics on plain white Tees back and front. What would be a good pricing chart to follow?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: How much to charge?

This depends on the printing method you are using, size of design, size of order etc. with labor and material costs factored in. Also, if customer is providing tees will affect costs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

100 gilden heavy plain tees, with 2x8in logo on front full color, back roughly 8x11 landscape full color photo on back, heat press transfer images and design printed on t prints light paper in my hp designjet 5500ps. Took over 24 hours of complete labor. I charged 1100 is this a good price or should i have got more?

·
Registered
14 Posts

100 gilden heavy plain tees, with 2x8in logo on front full color, back roughly 8x11 landscape full color photo on back, heat press transfer images and design printed on t prints light paper in my hp designjet 5500ps. Took over 24 hours of complete labor. I charged 1100 is this a good price or should i have got more?
at 24 hrs labor I would have charged 14-15ea.
I probably would do it for 11$ ea also but I see it as
less the 6hrs- 2hrs heat press, 4hrs print cut & trim
why 24Hrs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

it was my first time with the press and i had to align them perfectly so each one looked the same so i was working on the press for a long time a hundred shirts back and front is a lot for my first time. But i started to get faster at the end but i also had to fold the t-shirts when i was done and packages them.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

I think you did fine for your first job, the important thing is that you learned just how long it takes to do 100 shirts (which is really 200 doing both sides) you'll have a much better idea of what you want to charge on the next order.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for all the info guys its a lot of help this forum is a blessing we got the job done and our first customer was thrilled. Thanks again, heres a picture of the finished order ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
People really pay 14 a shirt at 100pcs? Just asking. This pricing has been the biggest thing that I fight with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
People really pay 14 a shirt at 100pcs? Just asking. This pricing has been the biggest thing that I fight with.
They will if you tell them that is the price.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I just did 60 T's with JPSS photo on back with vinyl text under it. It also had a company logo on front left chest. Charged $13.50 each. They questioned the price and I told them that I was giving them a break as I normaly get $15.00. No problem.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just my opinion.
$11 or $14 a shirt for 2-sided full color? That is not unreasonable.
Plus with only buying 60 or 100? Still not unreasonable.
Sounds like he turned the job around in just 24 hours.
Well worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just did 60 T's with JPSS photo on back with vinyl text under it. It also had a company logo on front left chest. Charged $13.50 each. They questioned the price and I told them that I was giving them a break as I normaly get $15.00. No problem.
Very reasonable. Good job.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nic,
The customer is going to love the folded shirts. You will score brownie points for that one. Printers usually don't individually fold. I do because I like the the look and the customers love it. When I'm pulling off the dryer it only takes a little time and if I can keep up with the dryer why not do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The first shirt folder looked awesome until I saw the second one that aids in bag stuffing.

Do you guys use these or are they just a neat tool you have seen but are yet to purchase/use?

·
Registered
4 Posts

This depends on the printing method you are using, size of design, size of order etc. with labor and material costs factored in. Also, if customer is providing tees will affect costs.
Similar question with me, I'm getting a quote together for a bail bond company that wants me to print 40 shirts 20 white and 20 navy blue, how do I go about pricing "per shirt". Im just doing the printing, he is providing the shirts! How do i figure out cost to print?

any advice would help, thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts