T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8BF7D3C7-D38E-4C38-8171-50BD7733D22F.jpeg How much should I charge for a design like this. My daughters friend wants me to do this for her she already has the design and shirt. Price would be for printing and labor? Please help

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
It helps if you give us all details at once so we don't have to do back and forth.

So this is a poly shirt since sublimation is an option. Well, obviously do that. Weeding 3 different colors of vinyl then lining them up is time consuming. And there is no margin for error.

What's your labor rate? Take that, double it, add $1 for transfer paper and dye sub ink and you're done.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I do vinyl and sublimination.
My daughters friend wants me to do this for her she already has the design and shirt. Price would be for printing and labor? Please help
In my personal opinion, for your daughters friend the price should be $0... Unless of course we are talking for a lot of shirts or printing regularly for re-sale.
In the case of the latter... probably $3 per shirt maximum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my personal opinion, for your daughters friend the price should be $0... Unless of course we are talking for a lot of shirts or printing regularly for re-sale.
In the case of the latter... probably $3 per shirt maximum.
Thankyou for your input but To my daughter everyone is a friend and she doesn’t snt want me doing it for free! She just met this young lady so I personally don’t consider that a friend.
I would have told you all at once but she JUST TOLD ME after I reached out in the forum. Sorry for all your hard work, won’t be visiting this site again due to the rudeness. Sorry rookie error!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sorry for all your hard work, won’t be visiting this site again due to the rudeness. Sorry rookie error!
What rudeness and what error?

To my daughter everyone is a friend and she doesn’t snt want me doing it for free! She just met this young lady so I personally don’t consider that a friend.
Cool... in that case the best person to ask for the price is your daughter.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Charge her $20....Wouldn't do it for less than that and she would not get it anywhere cheaper online...
Err... Not true.

Printify is $7.30 + $4.80 shipping.
That's $12.10 total (including the shirt, printing, and shipping).

Also shipping for additional items is just $1.80
That's $9.10 total.

Good luck charging $20 for a simple print like that, and the customer providing the shirt.

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
I wouldn't do it for less than $20 either. Printify quality is junk. No comparison to either dye sublimation (if shirt is polyester) or cut vinyl.

Your time has got to be worth something and shouldn't be based on where the customer may be able to get it elsewhere.

Take it or leave it and try your luck at printify (oh and forget about using your own shirt at that point).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've worked in sales for fifty years and and I' ve never heard better advice than that from one of my early bosses who taught me "A fair price is whatever the customer is willing to pay" You can add up costs and potential profit margins as much as you like but they're meaningless if customers aren't willing to pay that. The only price that matters is one that looks favourable to your potential customer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The only price that matters is the one that brings you a fair profit above your actual material and overhead costs. Otherwise you are a clock winding down to the day you go out of business when your capital is gone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Err... Not true.

Printify is $7.30 + $4.80 shipping.
That's $12.10 total (including the shirt, printing, and shipping).

Also shipping for additional items is just $1.80
That's $9.10 total.

Good luck charging $20 for a simple print like that, and the customer providing the shirt.
$20 is actually a really good price I sell shirts like those $25 - $35 all day long at my shop. Keep in mind hes doing one shirt not 24 or 100. $12 for that shirt maybe screen printed with an order of 24 pieces

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
$20 is actually a really good price I sell shirts like those $25 - $35 all day long at my shop. Keep in mind hes doing one shirt not 24 or 100. $12 for that shirt maybe screen printed with an order of 24 pieces
She mentioned sublimation and said the shirt was for her daughter's friend who would be supplying the shirt.
I can sublimate this design on a polyester shirt for a few cents, and I'd happily do it for a friend for free.
Then she said that for her daughter "everybody is a friend", which is a totally different situation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need to know what your fixed and variable costs are. Fixed are things that do not change like rent, ins, etc. Then divide that by the average number of shirts you make a year. After that make a spread sheet of how much time it takes you to set up a job, 1 color, vs 2 color, etc. Then calculate how much time it take to print. After you know all those costs you can just plug in your profit that you need to make per hour and make yourself a cost sheet. Then its really easy to display to your customers based on quantity .
lol I hope that all made sense??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts