T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
there are no standard screen charges, its whatever your area will support, at 30$ a screen you will be selling (more like not selling) 50$ shirts.
I'm in an area with dozens of screenprinters in a few mile radius so competition gets fierce sometimes, I dont charge screen fees on orders over 72 pcs.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i really dont have a fourmula , i was going with 3.75 per color per side, this has been my delema from the start. the pricing that is. i cant find any industrie standard for pricing. what i ussally tell the client the $30 screen charge is for storing there screens for 4 to 6 months, so they can get a another run on the shirts without paying the initial screen charge again,. i was strugling with this because, this design is 6 screens at 30 bucks a screen, its a $180 just for the screens. it seemed a lil steep to me too.
after alll was claculated thje shirt came out to $43 dollars a shirt.
i knew the client was going to go for that, so i cut it in half to $23. it was still too high for her, she said she was going to vista print to something she made up for $8 a shirt, noone wants to pay, they think making a shirt is magic. i get tired of explaining the prosses, and that all that goes into making shirt especialy one like this?

· Registered
229 Posts
Yeah, well you aren't going to compete with Vista Print and don't even try. Besides, I doubt from them it would be screen printing...probably DTG. But even the wholesaler that I recently received pricing from charges $4.00-4.75 per side depending on the size for this size order and that would be on a white shirt.

My advice...don't waste anymore time on this customer. Tell her she got a great price and let her go.

· Registered
847 Posts
Download a pricing calculator spreadsheet and modify it for your area, you need a solid consistent pricing or you will lose customers and money.
Vista print is DTG and you cannot compete with them screenprinting, don't even try.
If you do a search there are a couple spreadsheets on here to download

· Registered
118 Posts
Not sure what your looking at, because I see 5 color Front and 3 color Back, on Light Blue Tee.

Front Colors: Ath. Gold, Royal, Red, White, Black
Back Colors: Ath. Gold, Royal, Red

Below is a .pdf quote of how I would estimate a project like this. The "order details.pdf" breaks down the costs, the customer would never see this page, only the "sample quote.pdf".

Attachments

· Registered
25 Posts
i will agree . It's hard for ppl to understand . When you have all these different fees, be it, screen fees and design fees I almost think that the customer may be intimated and back away. I'm starting to think that printing for myself is the way to go.and if someone wants to pay my high rates for custom bulk printing, well, then let them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.