T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so we have been using our Anajet DTG printer for about a month and have yet to perfect the white underbase on black shirts.

We have your basic sprayer for yards and weeds that cost us $10.00 insted of buying a $40.00 paint sprayer that Anajet suggested.

My question starts here:

How much solution is needed for a good white base? Do I soak the shirt till the garment has a white/gray look or do I just us a fine mist that lightly dampens the shirt?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks,
Prism

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The sprayer you are using may not be your entire problem but certainly is not helping so I would replace it right away.

You need to use a power sprayer (although I'd love to interest you in our automatic pretreater) to get proper coverage. The one we recommend is the Wagner Control Spray Sprayer.

It is available at Loews and Home Depot. Make sure you are getting the Control Spray model. Do NOT buy the regular Wagner power paint sprayers. They will not give you the proper spray pattern or coverage.

Try spraying your pretreatment with this Wagner sprayer and you should see an improvement.

Harry

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Curt,

Harry is correct that the sprayer can definitely be a problem. It is my understanding that even Anajet now recommends using the above sprayer as well. The insectide sprayer method that you are discussing can work... but there can be some problems. You need to make sure the solution is mixed up thoroughly and stays mixed when apply. In addition, the type of fabric and color of fabric will change the % of pretreatment to water will be. This method will work when you are always printing on the same type fabric, same color and from the same manufacturer after to determine the appropriate ratios and method. However, the method that Harry is talking about and that most of the other dtg owners use provides you a better chance of minimizing your mistakes and the amount of testing you may have to do.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, I understand the Wagner sprayer will work best. I will purchase one. But, my other question is.......how much to use??? Is the garment supposed to be just damp, partially wet or completely soaked?:confused:
Ugh...sorry.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The garment should come out damp, not soaked. The proper pretreatment methods have been extensively covered in several threads on this forum. Put in "pretreatment" or "pretreating" in the forum search box and you should be able to access them.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts