T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a good mark up amount when sourcing out screen printing? I recently had someone ask for a quote for t-shirts and wanted screen printing and since I don't do, I got a quote of which I felt was reasonable and still less than what they original said they were paying. To my surprise they sent email letting me know they had found them cheaper.

This is the first time I've had this situation and would like any and all suggestions. Rethinking I should have gotten a couple quotes before quoting my customer.

Wanted 50 shirts, long sleeve, one ink color and simple saying with logo. Assorted sizes from small - 3x.

All advice, suggestions, and other please send.

Thanks!!

· Registered
2,667 Posts
For small quantities (including 50 shirts) $1.00 - $2.00 profit per shirt but this will vary depending on your location and the wholesale cost of the shirt. If you can get more go for it!

I think you should expect to to loose some quotes. If you don't that means that your prices are too low. There will always be someone cheaper but they are often the first to go our of business. There will always be customers that shop for the cheapest price but they usually aren't the best customers. Some customers won't purchase from the "cheap" guy because they think the work and product will be cheap.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
We have seen some of the work from the cheaper places. Red shirts that the white ink turns pink within a few days, fuzzy prints, off center prints, etc. We don't worry about them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.