T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
There are many times users may find that what they are printing on is not really flat, even some platens are not perfect.
With this in mind the mod can not only adjust up and down but also right to left all while using the intelligent AHD (Auto Height Detect) as your guide.

Angle Print
This is awesome!

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Since the current base is just one option, I am curious what the other options are, or was he referring to the impending Mod2 (tentatively scheduled for round two of prototyping)?
Since the variations are not currently in production, I can't really disclose this information. Obviously someone shouldn't base a decision to purchase a machine on things to come, I'm just letting people know that the Mod isn't staying in one place. ;)

What I can say is, the Mod series, from day one, has always been designed to upgrade. That's why the very first Mod that was ever manufactured is not outdated and can be updated or upgraded. So there are things not yet implemented or not even yet thought about. But that's the beauty of a Modular system, the upgradeability is very real.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Since the current base is just one option, I am curious what the other options are, or was he referring to the impending Mod2 (tentatively scheduled for round two of prototyping)?
The only change from a mod1 to a mod 2 is a longer Y axis that enables one printer to have dual CMYK and a separate printer with 8 channels of white.

As far as what the next level entails..., I can say the mod printer will not change, but it will interact differently with the base unit yielding much higher throughput.
Sorry for being vague but until it's fully baked we will all need to wait to see how the finished product endures our testing phases that's currently quite severe based on some of our end users, and that's OK.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
There are many times users may find that what they are printing on is not really flat, even some platens are not perfect.
With this in mind the mod can not only adjust up and down but also right to left all while using the intelligent AHD (Auto Height Detect) as your guide.

Angle Print
Is that a standard feature on the Mod-1?

· Registered
875 Posts
We do have larger modules that are in the design phase for the Mod Series, but nothing is set in stone as of yet.

The Mod2 has only gotten to prototype stage. Below is a video that shows it printing a shirt with white ink in a little more than a minute. When we took a step back to see the viability of the platform, it just made more sense to have two Mod1s printing instead of a two module unit.

Mod2 Prototype

· Registered
78 Posts
He110, all I live in Charlotte NC and wanted to know are there any shows or will there be shows, here in Charlotte.I'm really interested in attending. To see the Mod2 in action.

· Registered
202 Posts
Damian,

The costs for the inks are similar to most companies, as the majority of us use DuPont Artistri. Here is a link to our website that shows the different sizes we carry and the costs associated with each size.

BelQuette PrintsRite Bagged Ink Costs

The time to print shirts can also be found on our website. For white/light garments, you are looking at 60-80 per hour. For dark/white ink garments, you are looking a 20-25 per hour. These numbers will be lower in the beginning with the learning curve but as you get better and more informed, these numbers are very realistic as compared to other machines.

Our machine was, and continues to be, designed from the ground up with ease of maintenance in mind. We have years of trial and error and a great team of engineers/support staff that have made the Mod-1 one, if not the best machines on the market. While the majority of manufacturers use an Epson-based system, we have researched and developed ways to overcome the negatives of these systems. The Epson-based systems are great but they do have downsides, especially when used in the way they are with DTG inks. While most companies will just throw the inks into the printer and claim all is well, we have strove to identify every weak area and developed technologies to overcome these weaknesses, providing you with the best end-user experience possible.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to give us a ring @ the office.

Thanks,
Chris

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.