T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
what's a Mod2? there's no info on the site about it. eliminated on brand from my search, so still doing homework. so many of these say "portable for shows" but what if you have a small prius and not a large van?
LOL

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Since the Mod2 isn't available at this time, we've not put the full disclosure of information out there. We have some major improvements to the platform that will excel over our initial print times. Here is the original prototype of the Mod2:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJCyDHG1_4g[/media]

Before these improvements, this prototype is considered round one. These improvements blow away our original Mod2 platform. Be sure to keep an eye out in the coming months for round 2..... Even Mike Tyson would occasionaly go to round two before the "knock-out". ;) And let me say, round two with Tyson was always more exciting!

· Registered
5,758 Posts
what's a Mod2? there's no info on the site about it. eliminated on brand from my search, so still doing homework. so many of these say "portable for shows" but what if you have a small prius and not a large van?
LOL
I saw you mention you are looking into a machine.. this is why I asked about your experience.

We have seen the mod in action and hopefully will be getting ours soon. If you can wait until January for the ISS show in Long Beach it will be worth it to check out or even visit someone in CA.

Are you looking at it to be something portable??

you can still get a Mod-1 (please confirm Jerid) and still a very good choice..

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Definitely, the Mod series isn't going away any time soon. To my knowledge, it's the only platform that allows you to upgrade it to a faster production machine without having to buy an entirely new machine. So it's sticking around for awhile. ;)

· Registered
245 Posts
I saw you mention you are looking into a machine.. this is why I asked about your experience.

We have seen the mod in action and hopefully will be getting ours soon. If you can wait until January for the ISS show in Long Beach it will be worth it to check out or even visit someone in CA.

Are you looking at it to be something portable??

I am definitely waiting till january (still caving those pennies) and as I live in long beach, the ISS show is ten minutes away. (I was a bit disappointed in the NBM show, but I guess they're all getting smaller lately). Portability would be nice, to do a few small craft type shows, but mainly it would stay house bound.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I love my MOD1, wouldn't mind adding another one too.
What we are interested in for the MOD2 is that it is basically 2 printers stacked together giving you 8 channels for white and the second printer running Dual CMYK. Dual CMYK is better for coverage and you can squeeze more speed out of it by running it at a lower resolution but get the same coverage as a high resolution single CMYK.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
To my knowledge, it's the only platform that allows you to upgrade it to a faster production machine without having to buy an entirely new machine.
Would you consider Peter's Neoflex to have a similar feature, since the entire print head unit is independent from the base, allowing you to easily and quickly swap to a different printer setup? IE, dual-CMYK head unit would be much faster on lights than the CMYK+W head unit.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Would you consider Peter's Neoflex to have a similar feature, since the entire print head unit is independent from the base, allowing you to easily and quickly swap to a different printer setup? IE, dual-CMYK head unit would be much faster on lights than the CMYK+W head unit.
No I wouldn't. Swapping out a printer isn't what I'm talking about. The only way the NeoFlex is capable of improving is if a faster print engine that is the same size and upgraded Epson printer are available.

The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases. If you recall, the i180 was the first prototype. The problem with it was the cantelever design was too unstable. So a new base was created, but the Mod itself was already there. Improvements have been made on it, but the module was basically moved from one platform to another.

This is critical in the versatility of the Mod series. Unless the NeoFlex or any other printer can be swapped out and used on additional platforms independently, it's not really an upgrade. With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases.... With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.
What other options are currently available for the Mod1, compared to other brands? Or, when does Belquette expect to have upgrades available to the Mod1? Is there a tentative release scheduled for the Mod2?

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
We have prototypes in the field, but not sure of dates. I try not to interrupt too much because I don't want to deter. I know of something else being designed that will be even better than the Mod2. That's about all I can say on that subject. ;) (oh yeah, other than the Mod can take advantage of it as well.)

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Justin, good point on the MOD1, I think it would be similar I haven't seen very many printers that are capable of swapping out the printer portion to switch between inks, etc.

The MOD2 reminds me of the DTG Eclipse, only much better.

For our business model, we would need a MOD2 instead of a Dual CMYK printer to swap out on the MOD1 because we randomly pull and print shirts, we don't batch them up as far as color, white ink, etc. So having down time even a few min between switching the printer would not be valuable to us with our current operations.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
What other options are currently available for the Mod1, compared to other brands?
There are many times users may find that what they are printing on is not really flat, even some platens are not perfect.
With this in mind the mod can not only adjust up and down but also right to left all while using the intelligent AHD (Auto Height Detect) as your guide.

Angle Print

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Those are neat features, indeed! Thanks for posting, Mark. However, I was asking specifically about available options for swapping out print engines or bases, as Jerid is promoting; not upgraded features, per se.

The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases... With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.
Since the current base is just one option, I am curious what the other options are, or was he referring to the impending Mod2 (tentatively scheduled for round two of prototyping)?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.