T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has figured out how much is used every time you run a nozzle check or head cleaning for your printer. I found one website that stated you use .3 ML of ink for nozzle check and 4 ML of ink for a head cleaning on an Epson 4000. Can't seem to find this information on Epson's site.

This information is helpful for people determining how much ink is used to just get the printer ready to print and they can adjust their pricing from their.

Post your printer model and the amounts that you have determined are used for both of these if you don't mind. Best wishes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has figured out how much is used every time you run a nozzle check or head cleaning for your printer. I found one website that stated you use .3 ML of ink for nozzle check and 4 ML of ink for a head cleaning on an Epson 4000. Can't seem to find this information on Epson's site.

This information is helpful for people determining how much ink is used to just get the printer ready to print and they can adjust their pricing from their.

Post your printer model and the amounts that you have determined are used for both of these if you don't mind. Best wishes.

Mark

Found some information on ink usage for a Epson 4000 at

Cost of Printing with an Epson 4000

Is this the site you are referring to ?

I think if there is more information on ink used during head cleanings, some people may be surprised how much those head cleanings actually cost.

Bob

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob - that is the only website that I can find this information on. If you use those numbers (4 ML for a head cleaning), a head cleaning on SubliJet IQ inks would cost $5.36 if my math is correct. Someone double check this math:
- $149 per 110 ML
- $1341 per a Liter (9 times this number is close enough for me)
- $1.34 per ML
- 4 ML for head cleaning = $5.36
(that is $0.67 per each channel)

Seems pretty high to me. So that is why I am asking for a 2nd opinion and would like to know what other printers use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts