T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering on how much everybody is actually making per shirt.

Here are my specs:

For S-XL shirts I buy them for $1.87 ea. at my local shirt wholesaler

Vinyl transfer sheet .85 ea. at my local vinyl sign store

All in all per shirt it cost me about $2.72 ea. to produce

I sell them for $12.99-$13.99 ea.

My profit is around $10.00 ea. after taxes

Whats yours?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My shipping and handling charges actually take care of that for the $4.00 I charge for shipping and handling. At the most a Xl shirt would cost about $2.45 to send anywhere in the US. Whats left over goes to credit card/paypal processing fees and any advertising.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
honeyflip said:
On this topic, I wonder what Threadless is profiting per shirt? Rodney, you mentioned a while back that you were going to do an interview with them. Has that happened yet?
I sent them the interview questions, I'm just waiting to hear back. I'll probably followup with a phone call after a bit.

I don't think they'll be sharing their profit per shirt though...that's kind of private info :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No, not really in fact Twentieth Century Fox and Universal Studious did send me through ebay a cease and assist on the images that I was not allowed to use. When a tradmark or copyright owner notifies ebay the auction items are automatically deleted. As you can see my store is up and running and has been for the last 5 months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because I wanted people that viewed my feedback to ask me,"Muncheys why are your feedbacks private?"

Cool it worked. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I do mine a little differant I get AA Spaghetti Strap Tanks $3.90 each, have them printed @$2.50 each and sell them in a Honky Tonk here in Fort Worth, where I have a small shop setup, for $20.00 each cash no CC, no Checks I pay the honky tonk $1.00 per shirt sold

·
Registered
61 Posts
Muncheys said:
Because I wanted people that viewed my feedback to ask me,"Muncheys why are your feedbacks private?"

Cool it worked. Thanks
I checked out your ebay store and you are doing pretty well. I am still working on artwork with my local shop and learning the screen printing trade myself. Two questions though about ebay if you don't mind.

1. What percentage of shirts do you have in public auctions compared to what is listed only in your store (kind of wandering how much it takes to drive sales to your store without paying too much for auction listings).

2. Do you ever list just the shirt design without the size and then let the bidder notify you with which size they want (this would make my life so much easier but I don't know how the customers would respond to it).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
EngBulldog said:
2. Do you ever list just the shirt design without the size and then let the bidder notify you with which size they want (this would make my life so much easier but I don't know how the customers would respond to it).
I imagine customers would respond fine to it (I would), the problem is that eBay will not. This is explicitly against the eBay terms of use (not for any good reason, just because eBay want to make as much money as they can).

You could try it for a while, but they do tend to catch people and if you're unlucky there could be consequences (generally they just cancel the dodgy listings and refund the fees, but they do reserve the right to ban you and not refund the fees), including increased scrutiny in future - meaning minor things that may have slipped through may not.

eBay are generally quite clear on their policies, but whenever there's any doubt just say to yourself "What disadvantages me the customer the most, and makes them the most money?" and you'll be sure to have found their official policy on the matter.

(I actually do run an eBay store for an unrelated business, I'm just getting really fed up with watching them get increasingly intrusive, monopolistic, and greedy over the last year - they're useful for ultra small businesses, but the sooner you can throw off their shackles the better)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for the info. I agree with you 100%, however ebay can drive so much traffic for start-ups like myself. I have seen some ebay stores that list just one shirt but tell the bidders that they offer all sizes. But I have seen many more that have separate auctions for each different size. Do you know how beneficial it is to list everything in your store but only have a percentage in active auctions.............can that alone drive a sufficient amount of traffic to a store?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts