T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Adam and i recently started drawing up designs for my new t-shirt range. to begin with i wanted to get some of my more simple designs screen printed. all the designs have only one colour. ive been quoted prices from £7.50 - £10.50 per unit! (this was when ordering a quantity of 25 of each design)

i was wondering how much do you guys pay per tee shirt for a 1 colour screen print.

( my price inlcudes VAT and the t-shirt i print on)

Thanks in advance guys and girls :)

p.s this is my first post so sorry if ive not provided enough info :confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Adam, that does not suprise me given that you only want 25 of each design. They will have screen charges for each design in that price i would think. I am usually charged £22 per screen if i order plastisol transfers or screen printing. They need one screen per colour per design.

I would do my own in vinyl for that quantity.

It also depends on the quality of the t-shirt, why not get your own from a wholesaler (Ralawise-Gildan £2 ish, Continental etc) and then get them printed.

The lower price of £7.50 inc Vat and t-shirt is not too bad i don't think seeing as they are providing everything in small quantities. What are their price breaks, sometimes it works out less to order more.

Lee

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tees were called Slimfit roundneck (skinnifit was the company name i think) . At the moment i'm in talks with TwoSeasons about gettin some product in their stores but they wont pay more than £7 a unit and only want trial amounts. I know that getting them into the store would be great for advertising but cant find a printers cheap enough >.<!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The skinnifit t-shirts on the site i use are about £3.00 each wholesale in smaller quantities so it depends how much they pay for them. As i said before you will have to pay for screens etc so for a small order the individual price will be high.

If you can't afford to get more printed then you might have to supply to the retailer at cost to get them in the store.

Have a look at ralawise.com, raladeal. You will have to sign up but it's free. One of the offers today is Hanes Spicy t-shirts in limited colours/sizes for 60 pence each! If you pick up a deal like that on a few different styles and colours you should get them printed etc for less than £7. The problem is you might not be able to get that style again at that price, you won't make much money but at least your t's will be in a shop. There is no minimum order either.

You would also have to tell the retailer that £7 would be an introduction price and in the future they would be X amount to make sure you get something back.

The other option is to keep looking and find someone willing to pay more.

Lee

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interested to read this; one thing not mentioned is the colour of the shirt this can be important in determining whether an underbase is needed.
We charge £22 + vat per screen, so obviously this would double up if an underbase white is needed.

Skinnifit are a more expensive option, it's not a bad price based on using this shirt style.

This is the reason we encourage customers to let us see the artwork before quoting.

Another way of saving costs would be to use a standard t shirt like Fruit of the Loom or Gildan.
Our 25 rate on the shirts above for a single colour print is usually £4.50 + vat

cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I usually forget to ask what colour t-shirt when quoting as it does not matter with vinyl. I'll have to remember when (if!) i start screnn printing or I'll do myself short.

Tony I like your prices, I'll remember next time someone asks for screen printing and I'm not too far from you. Do you do waterbased?

Lee

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first run of t-shirts I managed to get down to around £2.80ish a t-shirt (which was one-colour screen printed on 100% cotton FOL shirts).

I'll be printing on American Apparel soon (using 5 colours, silver foil, phosphorescent inks etc.) and they'll be under £5 a t-shirt hopefully.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I usually forget to ask what colour t-shirt when quoting as it does not matter with vinyl. I'll have to remember when (if!) i start screnn printing or I'll do myself short.

Tony I like your prices, I'll remember next time someone asks for screen printing and I'm not too far from you. Do you do waterbased?

Lee
Cheers Lee
Occasionally dabbled in water based, however we find that plastisol is hard to beat!
Hopefully we can print some work for you at some point!

Tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The quote i recived was for white or red tees, the price was the same for both so i don't know if it needed an underbase or not. i agree your prices are very good since ive tried at least ten companies and havent managed to get below £7 a unit yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My first run of t-shirts I managed to get down to around £2.80ish a t-shirt (which was one-colour screen printed on 100% cotton FOL shirts).

I'll be printing on American Apparel soon (using 5 colours, silver foil, phosphorescent inks etc.) and they'll be under £5 a t-shirt hopefully.
Can i ask what company you used please? and how was the quality?

·
Registered
840 Posts

under a fiver using american apparel and 5 colours, sorry i dont beleive you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts