T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you folks charge for names and/or numbers for sports teams and the like? I tend to think $4/name and $4 per number is fair. I priced a guy for 18 shirts front logo and back name and number, all in white on dark and told him $15/shirt. He thought that was too high. That shiot is time consuming to print though. What should I charge then?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't print it. I'd use heat pressed vinyl or transferexpress. Give me an average length / width of name and each number and I'll give you my 2 cents.

Generally assuming a 2" name: $4.00.
$2.50-$3.00 / digit for the numbers.

Might be able to cut this down with heat pressed vinyl.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I normally charge $1 for 2" name, $3 for 6" #, and $4 for 8" number. All cut vinyl...if it is large qty then I will just use Transfer Express #'s, but not on jerseys.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just did 17 black polyester jerseys for a baseball team. A two color print on the front and one color name and number on the back. I did the design myself and the customer provided the jerseys. I got names and numbers from Transfers Express
(Which were awesome by the way)

I charged $22.50 each.

Screen charge for two colors 2x$30=$60
17 Names and 17 number (not digit) $5.50 each= $187
Labor 2 hours = $120
$1 each jersey for ink and chems. ect...= $17
Total= $384
$384/17= $22.58

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did 17 black polyester jerseys for a baseball team. A two color print on the front and one color name and number on the back. I did the design myself and the customer provided the jerseys. I got names and numbers from Transfers Express

I charged $22.50 each.

Labor 2 hours = $120
Total= $384
$384/17= $22.58
as for the transfers... I take it that these were not mesh jerseys.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just did one color white on navy blue on front screen printed, 7" vinyl numbers on back 00-15 $11.50 a shirt . Job break down screen new $16 ink $5.00, emultion $1.10, shirts $34.00 with shipping, vinyl $9.75, tape clean up water electric 10.00 so figure $100.00 +/- profit about 4.0 hrs total time. This was for a friend add $3.00 if this was regular job.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did one color white on navy blue on front screen printed, 7" vinyl numbers on back 00-15 $11.50 a shirt . Job break down screen new $16 ink $5.00, emultion $1.10, shirts $34.00 with shipping, vinyl $9.75, tape clean up water electric 10.00 so figure $100.00 +/- profit about 4.0 hrs total time. This was for a friend add $3.00 if this was regular job.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums
ALright, im getting some good feedback. I guess I cant impress everybody with prices... I also cant just push a button and shirts magically get made. I suppose i needed some moral support to back up my prices. I dont strive to be the cheapest, I strive to be the best. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
459 Posts

I charged $22.50 each.

Labor 2 hours = $120
Total= $384
$384/17= $22.58
No there were not mesh

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just a followup. The guy I quoted I called back to see if he wanted to go ahead with the order. He said no; that he found someone who would do them for $7 a shirt. How in the hell can anyone make a dime off of $7 a shirt for only 17 shirts all with diff. names and numbers on the back? thats beyond me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what do you folks charge for names and/or numbers for sports teams and the like? I tend to think $4/name and $4 per number is fair. I priced a guy for 18 shirts front logo and back name and number, all in white on dark and told him $15/shirt. He thought that was too high. That shiot is time consuming to print though. What should I charge then?
I charge $12 for a one color screen print on the chest and a 6 inch number on the back and $15 with 2 inch letters for the player name. The chest is a direct screen print and the name and numer are heat pressed vinyl. When printing on shirts supplied by the customer, eight dollars for a name and number is a fair price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There will always be someone willing to sell based on price alone. Remember that you you are selling quality and service and those are worth the extra money!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I imagine, unless he changed his mind about the front, the entire shirt required a full front print, and names and numbers on the back. and It was I who would be supplying the shirts. everything included in that $7.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Now if you had to do the print on the front, supply the shirts, and do name and number(s) on the back, I would not be near $7. Something tells me your client did not compare apples to apples or give you a chance to revise when they got a lower price.

1 name, 1 number, 1 1 color chest print $10 + shirt and appropriate markup.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heat transfer plasticol. I would make screens for the names and run them on transfer paper with transfer ink. I get the numbers from a local transfer company. so both of those would ultimately be heat transferred on. not the front though.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
heat transfer plasticol. I would make screens for the names and run them on transfer paper with transfer ink. I get the numbers from a local transfer company. so both of those would ultimately be heat transferred on. not the front though.

So you would just jam as many names on a screen that you could? That is a pretty good idea, but what is your reasoning of that over like a cut vinyl?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Probably the feel of it. Next job I have for numbers I'm going to give that a try myself. I've done heat transfer plastisol here as a test and I like it. I can't see me not using it in the future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts