T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out on screen printing.. I don't know now much to charge per shirt or if I should have a minimum on quantity...what do I charge for up to 4 colors on a shirt or even a 2 color shirt.. than for the help!

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
we don't know your overhead costs...what salary do you want for you...what is the cost of the screens...for four colors....need four screens? Screen printing is not usually profitable unless you are doing over 5 shirts or so

·
Registered
256 Posts
Make a round about quote and learn from the first job. For us, 12 shirts single color front and back usually runs $ 12 each. At 24 that price would drop to like $ 8 I posted a pricing spreadsheet a while back that could help. Mainly you want to make a profit on the shirt, materials consumed and make a resonable hourly wage for yourself... and the shop if you have overhead. Mark your shirts up 100% that's a given (unless you're paying retail... you need a wholesale supplier) Then figure your time at $ 40 - $ 60/ hr for art, coating/exposing screens, printing shirts and clean up afterwards.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm honestly not sure what I want as a cost.. I'm new at it all.. right now I have a order for 200 black shirts with white and red. Sorry if my info is limited

Here is the pricing spreadsheet again. Using your 200 shirts for a two color front/rear with a flash, we would print these for $ 7.35 each... from the sheet. Be advised this sheet is probably 3-4 yrs old, so all the prices have gone up. Lines 3-21 are hidden. Unhide them and you can update the shirt prices and screen charges.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
jess...do not open in a browser...save the file and open in Microsoft Excel or a compatible program
.......and you may need to rename the file, removing the .html bit at the end which sometimes gets added on from a link.

This way your computer reads it as a .xls Excel file. Otherwise it will read it as an .html web page...........which is isn't!

Richie

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Here is the pricing spreadsheet again. Using your 200 shirts for a two color front/rear with a flash, we would print these for $ 7.35 each... from the sheet. Be advised this sheet is probably 3-4 yrs old, so all the prices have gone up. Lines 3-21 are hidden. Unhide them and you can update the shirt prices and screen charges.
nice example of a cost calculator :)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I'm on a Asus EEE pad. So its automatically opening it n a new browser page.. I'll have to go on the desktop..
right click, save file - then go to the file, rename it so it ends in xls, then click to open.............if your Asus has spreadsheet software and enough memory.

I know mine (mk1 asus) got full very quickly once I added an application on!

Richie

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I think you need to go back and write a business plan before you do anything else. You really need to know where you are coming from and where you want to go before you start printing. Not knowing your costs and your desired margin is a sentence for going out of business really quick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.