T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting out, and very small right now... but was wondering on my first order, Say if the customer wants 100 shirts, how many should I over order to compensate for problems? Or just get the exact #? Wondering what advice is out there

· Registered
612 Posts
If you are just starting out printing, you are definitly going to need some extras. How many depends on the type of print.

If its a 1-color dark on a light or white shirt, maybe just a few extra.

If its a light or white print on a dark or black shirt, and this is your first time printing white on black...trust me, you will need more. I would get a couple of each size, plus pick one size to learn on and get a half dozen extra of that size.

If you've got a multi color print on black shirts with a white underbase, and you've never done it before, you'll probably need even more.

If its a common color like a black or grey shirts, they won't go to waste.

Good luck,
Nick

· Registered
46 Posts
Or you could do like I did one time, I was in a rush trying to get a order submitted and instead of ordering 14 Large White Gildan tshirts, I ordered 144 Large Gildan shirts. Ooopppps, I was a little surprised when they came in the next day.

· Registered
148 Posts
In the beginning order 2 extras per size for lights or less than 3 colors. Order 4 extras for darks and 3+ colors. You won't use all of them plus you will start to build your inventory and eventually you'll feel comfortable enough to order less and less extras because you'll have sufficient inventory. Also, you'll have built up your inventory without having a huge one-time expense.

· Registered
119 Posts
It's fun when you get an order for 5 colors in 5 sizes! I just did this and I didn't really need to order any extra.

The key is the spot gun remover! ..and experience.... I have alot of test pellons to make sure job is properly setup before ink hits the shirts, old tees work well too. Also, watch your fingers every time you touch the ink, spatula, container, squeegee...

· Registered
46 Posts
It's fun when you get an order for 5 colors in 5 sizes! I just did this and I didn't really need to order any extra.

The key is the spot gun remover! ..and experience.... I have alot of test pellons to make sure job is properly setup before ink hits the shirts, old tees work well too. Also, watch your fingers every time you touch the ink, spatula, container, squeegee...
Yes experience will help you the most. When I first started I definitely ordered more extra shirts than I do now.

Dito on looking at your looking at your finger after you touch something. There's no telling how many times I couldn't figure out where ink was coming from and it would either be on the edge of the screen where I pull it down, or it would be on the back side of my squeegee handle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.