T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to start getting t shirts printed and want to start going to shows and conventions that are brand related. To those who have done shows and convention how may shirts do you bring on average to each show? And out of those shirts you bring how many of each size t shirt? Thanks

· Administrator
18,442 Posts
Depends on the shirt. Is it the 'official' shirt of the event? Or is it relevant to crowd that will be there? Will there be other shirt vendors? If so, how many? Will the event itself be selling tees?

As a general rule, don't expect to sell to more than 3% of the attendees, IF your shirt is relevant to the crowd. 1% if it's not. If your shirt is the 'official' shirt of the event, expect between 5 and 10%.

As far as sizes, that too depends on the crowd. The younger they are, the smaller your sizes should be. Otherwise here's some general info http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t20408.html#post210368

· Registered
8,278 Posts
If it a event (I don't do them) I print plastisol transfers for the ones that do a events. They press them as their sold so no waste on shirts and can offer multiple colors. Of course the always need power. One guy has a Honda inverter that's whisper quiet when no power available.

Otherwise if a brand or other specific niche shirts you have to who your target buyer is and know the majority sizes for that group.

Reactions: BidsMaven

· Registered
965 Posts
Well I know I can't use them indoors, but I'm hearing you need battery packs to run an inverter, vs just using gas for a generator. Which would you recommend? I would like to power my heat press, and also power a printer, but on a separate occasion. The printer and press never be powered together. Any advice would help. Thanks

· Registered
8,278 Posts
You couldn't run a heat press off batteries but for a few min. You would have to have hooked up to a vehicle with it running. This will put a incredible strain on the vehicles alternator and depending on the size of the alternator I am not sure how long it would continuously work or if it would without a ambulance heavy duty style alternator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.