T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to ask all with experience. I'm planning to launch my first tee shirt line in January, but I don't really have much idea on how many designs/pcs i should come out with. I'm doing a men's and women's tee line. is 10 designs for each gender sufficient? Would like to hear some advice, thanks and have a great day :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: Things I wish I'd known from the start.

Hi all, just wanted to ask all with experience. I'm planning to launch my first tee shirt line in January, but I don't really have much idea on how many designs/pcs i should come out with. I'm doing a men's and women's tee line. is 10 designs for each gender sufficient? Would like to hear some advice, thanks and have a great day :)
Before you do anything you need to define who your customer is. Once you've decided what market sector you want to cater to you need to tailor your designs to fit that market sector. Also, make sure you have enough capitol to fund this for some time since you won't be making enough money to actually pull money out of your company. You'll need to roll whatever profits you make back into the company to keep it growing.

John

·
Registered
39 Posts
In addition to what novanutcase said, I'd think 20 total pieces is a lot, definitely no more than that. Ideally what you do is develop those as prototypes. Then you schlepp those around to see if you get any orders. Drop the ones that don't make the cut.

·
Registered
926 Posts
How many designs can be worn by both men and women? Are you saying you will have 10 different designs for each? Either way, that's enough for a start. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts