T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

I have a question about starting my own website. How many designs do you think one needs on the site to create buzz and sell shirts. Right now I only have 5 designs and was thinking I should wait until I get more designs before doing the website. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: how many?

In my opinion five is enough.

More to the point one is enough to create a website. It might not be enough to spend money promoting it, but it's enough to create it. That way you're ready as soon as you have the designs covered, and you can show it to friends and family, links in signatures, etc. to at least get a few people looking at it for some feedback.

How many really depends on the quality and cohesiveness of the design(s) though. I've seen sites launch with one design that did well, because that one design worked. I've seen sites with forty that all sucked.

There'll be a lot of things in business that you'll have to decide for yourself - there is no one correct answer for everybody. Learn to trust your own counsel whenever it's appropriate.

Right now you don't think you should launch with the five designs you have. Is that because you're afraid to get started? Or is it because you know the site you are trying to create needs more than five designs? Answer that and you'll answer your own question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: how many?

Thanks so much for your response. There are definitely a lot decisions to be made and your advice is appreciated.

Im waiting to talk to a lawyer about possible parody/infringement before launching the website. But once that is taken care of. I think 5 - 7 designs would be where I want to start.

Thanks again.

D

·
Registered
141 Posts
If i were only only to have 5 designs on my site to start, i would probably want to sell some stickers/maybe posters/key chain etc. to fill up some space...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just launched my site with five designs. Two are printed, three will be done in the next week or so. We also have a "coming soon" section that shows ten more designs that I hope will generate signups for announcements of new product releases.

It helps to have your site up and running smoothly so it is ready to go when you start to generate interest with marketing.

My two pennies. :)

R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts