T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering how long it took you to learn how to do good separations? I am considering purchasing Screenprint Separator if that makes a difference.

I would really like to save the $90 per separation considering I may have to to do 10 or so in the near future.

Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi

I'm not familiar with Screenprint Separator but you can do great separations with Corel Draw and it has a very easy learning curve and there are lot of tutorials on line for free. Hope this helps and good luck.

Bill m :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi all,

I was just wondering how long it took you to learn how to do good separations? I am considering purchasing Screenprint Separator if that makes a difference.

I would really like to save the $90 per separation considering I may have to to do 10 or so in the near future.

Thanks.
I would save your money and not purchase sps. That is just automated actions for index seps. There are many tutorials available for index separations. If you are hell bent on spending money. I personally love Spot Process which you can find here ---> http://www.softwareforscreenprinters.com/
That is obviously for high end seps. I would also do some reading on any of the posts about spot color seps in illustrator and photoshop

·
Registered
372 Posts
the best way to start is know which software you are skilled already.
if you know photoshop already, then learn about photoshop separation.
if you know coreldraw, then learn about coreldraw separation...
if you don't know any graphic software... pick one and learn the basics then learn color separation function on it.

if you dedicate couple of days to learn the basic and couple of hours to learn separation.... you should be able to come up with good separation result.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts