T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Not whether you've tried this - particularly useful when you see banding, particularly affecting reds.

A tip I was given by NeoFamily:

Not sure if you have already but if you go into the settings and switch it to a microweave 8pass the banding should be gone. Helps with heavy solids but the drawback is it takes almost 1.5x longer to print but quality is improved.

Layout > Print Setup > xxx base settings

In box that opens

Properties button > Device options tab ..... Microweaving dropdown under Print quality
can you give more details on this cause we do a lot of printing that have solid colors, sounds like something useful. we don't have a problem with the banding but better quality sounds awesome

· Registered
56 Posts
So the problem to your magenta not printing was fixing the j-joints?? THANK GOODNESS i have some arriving tomorrow, because i put in a new damper, ran several head cleans, waterfalled the print head, but still no success.... can't wait to put those in! Hopefully that does the trick *preys to neo gods*

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I have a DTG M2 printer. Using DX5 f187000 or F186000 printhead. My question is, How long does it take before replace a printhead? Because I am very gentle with, always cleaning it and well taking care of it. But printhead last not longer than 6 months. Usually 4-6 months.
mid that normal?
What is the most long last printhead printers is on the market right now with budget $15K-25K ?

· Registered
34 Posts
I have been running the same dx5 head for about 4 years, so what I have done, is to have 2 heads, run the 1 in the printer, as it starts to become a problem, swap it out, and clean, flush, the used head, I have a modified dx5 Capping station, that I leave the head filled with flush flued.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have been running the same dx5 head for about 4 years, so what I have done, is to have 2 heads, run the 1 in the printer, as it starts to become a problem, swap it out, and clean, flush, the used head, I have a modified dx5 Capping station, that I leave the head filled with flush flued.
My friend, it’s sounds something impossible for me :) ! I also have modified capping station and doing cleaning all the time.
but printhead never worked more than 6 months. Last 2 heads worked 4 and 2 months.
Maybe your printer is not DTG and you not using white ink? My printheads is F186000 and F187000

could you please give me a link where you buying your printheads? And also link for the white ink please.
And happy coming holidays 🙌

21 - 28 of 28 Posts